Car accelerates slow, no pickup, no boost

Sorry buddy it wasn't the cat. I agree now with Cam/crank/ MAF sensor. If cam sensor is loose or faulty it would throw the injectors timing off.Faulty MAF same thing. I see it runs fine at low speed, at WOT "pops" so could be loose sensor or faulty. At idle car vibrates little at WOT well if it's loose throw the sensor off .

If it is the MAF it's bes to upgrade to the Lt1/ls1 maf & translator.
If not sure a few have a spare laying around or few sites have them in stock.
Check all your sensors that have anything to do with controlling your fuel/timing etc.

IMO, correct me if i'm wrong, if your map sensor is faulty anything above so PSI it wouldn't read right or add fuel.

I believe MAF/Cam sensor control timing of fuel injection, map controls the fuel mixture. If i can recall:rolleyes:

So if your at WOT and getting 10lbs of boost(ex) the MAP sensor only reads 5lbs then I can see why at WOT it wouldn't add fuel or something along those lines. Might even be a 1bar MAP, Get the part # on that.

Again hope its nothing major buddy. Take care.

Thanks all~ for the help and ideas....Problem solved !! Upon visual inspection of plug wires all looked ok, but this was not the case..I changed all plugs and wires tonight and found a faulty plug wire under the turbo up pipe. One plug wire was melted to the valve cover and once I pulled it off, the wire was exposed and touching the valve cover- (probably causing a short to ground??) Anyway- once all plugs and wires were changed, took it down the road for a spin at wot and full boost!! wooo hooo! Good to go for another year. I'm so happy it was nothing major. Lesson learned...these hot air cars kill plugs and wires...change them every year, period.

Car accelerates slow, no pickup, no boost- problem fixed!!

Thanks all~ for the help and ideas....Problem solved !! Upon visual inspection of plug wires all looked ok, but this was not the case..I changed all plugs and wires tonight and found a faulty plug wire under the turbo up pipe. One plug wire was melted to the valve cover and once I pulled it off, the wire was exposed and touching the valve cover- (probably causing a short to ground??) Anyway- once all plugs and wires were changed, took it down the road for a spin at wot and full boost!! wooo hooo! Good to go for another year. I'm so happy it was nothing major. Lesson learned...these hot air cars kill plugs and wires...change them every year, period.

its always the last place you look!!! hahahahaha

congrats on the easy fix!!! i hope they are all that easy from here on out!!!

John;)

I hate that but Glad it was nothing major :cool:

I routed the wires to be far away as Hotair possable from the up/dp pipe. Some wire thermal wrap should help beat the heat.
Did you get stock wires or HP wires? As far as wires go I would never spend 100$ for them, if i did it would be in bulk wire and make my own (set after set) but taylor street thunder worked and looked great, nice upgrade IMO..

Again happy it was nothing major, we all can relax now.;)