Cannot turn up BOOST!!!

Orion231

Ok, I just got my dual nozzle alky kit from SMC... and I am running tuner mode for my wastegate. Had it set to 15 PSI...SO I installed alky. And it works great. Then I thought...hmm time to turn up the boost. So I installed a Parker bleeder valve using the stock Y fitting, and routed it just liek stock except the bleeder valve takes place of the stock WG silonoid. Well, I open it up a little...no difference....open it up some more...no difference....I can turn it 5 rotations and I went to 4 full rotations...no difference...15 PSI every time. I didn't want to chance doing it a 5th time... Whats the deal? I'm not running to rish 02s are in the 820-830s range... What gives?

Need....help...

Anyone have any ideas? I only have a whiel tomorrow morning to try and fix it. :(

if you are going to use a looped wastegate and compressor, just tighten the wastegate arm to raise boost......you could put a bleeder between the two also.......do not use the y-line....just splice it in

I went to Autozone...

I bought 4 feet of vaccum line, and bought a vaccum TEE and just spliced into it, I opened the Parker valve half way...nothing so far...let me go crank it all th way open. be back in a few. :confused:

if you have no way to put more tension on the wastegate arm (adjustable wastegate) you may never get more boost than what you got.......the spring could just be holding 15 lbs......you do have an adjustable wastegate, right?

Problem solved!!!

Well, the bleeder valve works, I turned it 4.5 times and the boost shot up to 20 PSI faster than I coudl say holy SHIZ! Which is what I said when the alky hti and the boost went up! The Parker valve works, I just have to turn the valve open enough so it will affect the wastagte... It will turn 5 times...4.5 is 20 PSI boost, so I imagine the next little bit left will be easy to adjust, prolly going to be very sensitive... Thanks guys! I appreciate the help! :D

Re: Problem solved!!!

Originally posted by Orion231
Well, the bleeder valve works, I turned it 4.5 times and the boost shot up to 20 PSI faster than I coudl say holy SHIZ! Which is what I said when the alky hti and the boost went up! The Parker valve works, I just have to turn the valve open enough so it will affect the wastagte... It will turn 5 times...4.5 is 20 PSI boost, so I imagine the next little bit left will be easy to adjust, prolly going to be very sensitive... Thanks guys! I appreciate the help! :D

Yes they are! Very sensitive and not repeatable. Hope your alky system is reliable :rolleyes:

Not Repeatable...

Yeah, I took it out today and I had only 19 PSI...Hmmm...there HAS to be an easier way to control boost and make it reliable. I don't want to shell out the cash for an expensive boost controller, but what else can I do? :(

Just run the vacuum line straight from the compressor housing to the actuator port. Then adjust your boost with the wastegate rod. Shorten it until you have the boost you want.

There are lots of variations using bleeders beyond this but this is the simpliest and most reliable manner.

Re: Not Repeatable...

Originally posted by Orion231
Yeah, I took it out today and I had only 19 PSI...Hmmm...there HAS to be an easier way to control boost and make it reliable. I don't want to shell out the cash for an expensive boost controller, but what else can I do? :(

BstC (boost command) from Ramchargers if a very reliable electronic boost controller that splices right into the factory wiring and replaces the PCM's control signals. Very reliable, no burned fingers from changing the rod length, and not very expensive at all.