Cannot find fuel filter on stock gas line

mikeA

I called someone that knows before I post this... I looked on frame rail infront of pass tire nothin. Traced all fuel lines nothin.... I'm lost and feel dumb???

My car came with a large fuel filter the size of an oil filter hanging off the gas tank. I think it was made for a tractor.

Th fuel lines run along pass side then go under engine to rubber lines then to engine.... I think someone removed it totally before me... Well maybe when I drop the tank maybe its in there???

Mine is on driver side fuel line on frame rail near rear tire.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Sorry 86 t-type turbo car...

It's almost inline with the rear of the drivers side door,bend down right at the end of the door and look up behind the frame and you will / should see a pinch type bracket that the fuel filter is retained and supported by.

If it's not there then someone for whatever reason has removed it.

You can't miss it if you climb all the way under the car and then look out from under the car as others have said tucked in the frame rail in front of drivers rear tire (front meaning between the tire and the front of the car). I changed mine for first time ever a week or so ago, plenty of PB blaster and be carefull not to twist the fuel line and break it as mine was seized to the brake line on the rear of the filter. Filter is held onto car with strap and single screw into the strap.

Found it and it was original fuel filter.. Came off with open end wrenches.. thank you old owners for not driving my car in the salt..

Attachments

• IMAG1074.jpg
    IMAG1074.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 80
If your bracket is all rusted like mine was, Kirban sells a shiny stainless steel one. So the original filter is black?

If you get bored, take a set of tin snips and cut the lip off that filter. The inside of the housing will give you a hint at the inside of your tank.

I did what earl suggested. I was happy to find no rust as my car was stored with gas, but man was the gas crappy. I ended up draining the tank and putting fresh gas in. I am looking forward to first ride to gas station to fill tank with some nice super.
Good luck with your car,
Joel