Can someone help me wiring an RPM converter?

Dan K

I bought an Inovate wideband months ago, and due to some circumstances beyond my control, I haven't had much time to play with it. I'd like to get the rpm converter wired up so that I can log and send the resulting files to turbotweak for some finishing touches on my chip.
I'm thinking that I should log rpm and tps. Anything else that might help Eric?
And lastly, how and where do I wire this thing up. I shouldn't have a problem doing it, just need a push in the right direction.

Thanks guys!

The easiest place to get an rpm signal is the tach connector behind the alternator. The black one is the fuel pump prime and the green one is the tach signal. If you have a 3 bar map sensor it might be nice to log boost as well.

I should've known that.
Thanks Carl, much appreciated!

Is anyone else logging anything else besides RPM and boost?

I plan to wire up to the ESC control line on the ECM (pin B7) to log when the ESC module indicates knock is present and for how long the line is pulled low to give me an idea of the severity of the knock.

Charles Brooks

Don't forget that you will need a voltage divider on the esc line, since it goes up to at least 12 V and the lm1 is limited to 5 V on the analog input lines. The map and tps sensors are 0-5 V so no divider needed there.