Can someone help me please

kosonen04

JustA6
Hey i have a 85 GN i just installed a turbotweek chip and it dident do anything for my car nonthing at all? i have 110 OCT. gas in it and i was trying to run 15 PSI of boost, this is what im thinking that one it cant really be knock because i have good gas in it, but its like cutting out at high RPMS but if i turn it down to 13 it seems to be alright, well i have found this site RJC racing and they have a boost controller that has a guage and stuff and it makes it so the wastgate dosent open tell 15 PSI becuase i guess the stock on likes to open up at around 10 and its kinda wasting the boost, the 85 dosent have the adj. wastgate has anyone heard or seen this boost controller from RJC. Please let me know what your guys imput is. Thanks
Brian

sounds like you got other problems...whats your fp at and does it rise with boost?...what boost level is eric's chip designed for?...when exactly does the knock occur...at all times above 13psi?

:)

The chip is 17 degrees and 13-14 PSI im running at 13 not it seems to run alright but about 14-15 its not it seemslike its running out of fuel, i dont have a fuel press. gauge so im not sure what it is doing i do have a adj fuel press reg. But not 100% sure how it works, were is the best place to get a inline fuel pres. gauge, im not sure if it is knock or just lack of fuel. Hope this helps some

If you have an adjustable regulator, but no way to read the fuel PSI, you are pissing in the wind. It should be 43psi with the vac line off. You could be sitting at 25, or you could be at 65. Don't run it hard until you get a gauge and can watch how it is tuned.

Did you order the chip from Eric? If so I am assuming you already did the 87 ECM swap?

Some cars running low boost do NOT like 110.

no i have the 85 chip of his he made for me. So tell me what i should be geting im looking into the Alky kit and a fuel presh gauge what else money is very low right now so tell me what i need most
Thanks

1. Fuel pressure gauge to check PSI at the rail, and when boost PSI is raising:

https://www.casperselectronics.com/..._Code=102070&Category_Code=8485GN_Performance

2. Good boost gauge. Stock is worthless.
3. Good tach. Stock also worthless.
4. Knock gauge/ some type of monitor. Turbolink is the only one for 85 ECM that I am aware of.

Do you already have a good fuel pump like a walbro 340? Hotwired?

Start with these or you will be pulling the heads off. Don't ask me how I know... :D