Can I remove Windows8 from brand new laptop?

KEVINS

I may be in the need for a new laptop soon but the new ones seem to all come with Win8 which I already discovered can not be used with my business email not to mention I absolutely hate it.

So without going into a lot of details of why I want to do this, is there any way I can completely remove Win8 from a brand new laptop and install Vista since I already have these discs for my current laptop?

If not, my other option is to try to find a laptop that contains Win7 but these are getting rare in a laptop for what I want/need.

tia
KS

I may be in the need for a new laptop soon but the new ones seem to all come with Win8 which I already discovered can not be used with my business email not to mention I absolutely hate it.

So without going into a lot of details of why I want to do this, is there any way I can completely remove Win8 from a brand new laptop and install Vista since I already have these discs for my current laptop?

If not, my other option is to try to find a laptop that contains Win7 but these are getting rare in a laptop for what I want/need.

tia
KS

Yes it is possible but I'm surprised you want Vista. It's a real POS operating system and will soon be obsolete with newer applications. I would buy a stand alone copy of Windows 7 and do a fresh install. You can buy Windows 7 from Newegg.com, Amazon etc for $100 + depending on which version you go with.

Yes it is possible but I'm surprised you want Vista. It's a real POS operating system and will soon be obsolete with newer applications. I would buy a stand alone copy of Windows 7 and do a fresh install. You can buy Windows 7 from Newegg.com, Amazon etc for $100 + depending on which version you go with.

Win7 would be acceptable too. I just have Vista on my current one along with the discs for it. I just need to know if there is a way to completely remove Win8 from a brand new laptop so I can install something else. All the searches I've done always have a computer partitioned so there is a second OS installed on it.

Another issue I'm finding is that the laptops I want (HP's) can't use the HP docking station I use b/c they don't use same cable adapter anymore.. There's a lot of complaints about this too from what I've read..

KS

I have this laptop basically (specs same but mine is a Lenovo G770 with 17" screen). It is Windows 7 and plenty fast with good wireless range. Even though it was refurbished, I swear it is brand new. Could't find a scratch on it.

You can buy any computer, and remove the OS from it for whatever you desire. I have a 4 month old HP that came with 7... and I removed that and installed Linux with no issues. Then later I installed Win 7 along side of it (work programs need 7, they haven't created Linux versions of our software... YET).

So, to answer your question.. YES.

Heck, I think Dell offers the ability to order their computers without an OS installed (at a discount) if I remember correctly.

Good luck.

Heck, I think Dell offers the ability to order their computers without an OS installed (at a discount) if I remember correctly.

Good luck.

IMO, this is the way to go. If you buy a computer with a pre installed operating system you get the crappy "repair or backup disk", not the full operating system on disk. You want the full operating system so you can wipe a hard drive clean and start from scratch.

What email doesnt' work with Windows8?

What email doesnt' work with Windows8?

My business email won't work. According to HP Support in order to have my business email (Tech@baselinesuspensions.com) I HAVE to run it through GMAIL or Yahoo or ??. But whenever someone receives an email from me they get it from GMAIL.com not BaselineSuspensions.com.

When I complained to HP about my new computer they new exactly what I was talking about and told me that WIN8 won't supoprt my business email and I had to get a computer that had Win7 on it or run it through GMAIL. It looks like there are "patches" for this but I'm not going to use a patch for something this simple.

ks

I'ld keep looking, there must be a work around for that.