Can I put the same shocks from a GN.....

85_Riv_T

Just a 4100lbs T-type
Can I put the same shocks from a GN onto my Riviera? I dont like the air shock set up and it weighs a lot too. Any ideas on options? I cant find really anything. I guess the main reason i want to swap them out is because i am trying to fit GN wheels in the back and they are to wide by 1/4in or so (they rub). I think it might be because the shocks dont stay inflated all the time but i still would like to take out the air system so i can lift the back by a 1/2 to 3/4in. Thanks for your info.

Nope. Totally different on both ends. I never replaced the air shocks with non air. I never found any one making a conventional shock for it. I bet if you search through the specs you could probably find one from another model that will bolt up. At one time(circa 1995) Koni had some adjustable air shocks listed in their catalogs. I thought that was strange as that had to have been the only air shock offered by them. That is just wrong trying to squeeze RWD wheels on a FWD car. What I always wanted to do is have a set of 8" wide wheels done with the correct offset. I see where you're going with the GN wheels. If it was me I'd call up Brian at GBodyParts with some specs and have them done up right. Right now one of my projects envolves using 16" wheels from a 4th gen F-Body on my Riv. Those wheels have the correct offset and are just the right width.