Can cops legally do this?

I was at a light next to an unmarked GMC SUV

C'mon!!!! What are you doing trying to run a Suburban?!?! :confused: :biggrin: I did have a guy try to run me at a light in an Eddie Bauer Expedition once. I just let guys like that take off hard from the line then I catch and pass them with ease before I hit 45mph.

Nice recovery with the story about it shutting off. Beautiful save!!!

C'mon!!!! What are you doing trying to run a Suburban?!?! :confused: :biggrin: !!
I thought the same thing till I read down further that he was in a Suburban too.
You should have asked the cop why he took off from the light so hard? See what his response would be :D

I thought the same thing till I read down further that he was in a Suburban too.
You should have asked the cop why he took off from the light so hard? See what his response would be :D

It was 3:45 AM and I didn't want to push my luck plus I got my laugh. Gotta know when to quit Dude

the fact that confiscation of personal property, based on the judgement of one man, is even close to legal in places scares the piss outta me, and i'm fearless. 'if you give a mouse a cookie'... where does it end. if 'the man' is allowed to take something of yours because one power hungry man sees fit, then what else will be taken without question. its hard to make an argument on either side of this one without being repetetive, so i digress. start taking things, anything, away and how long does this remain 'the land of the free' and not communist russia.

the fact that confiscation of personal property, based on the judgement of one man, is even close to legal in places scares the piss outta me, and i'm fearless. 'if you give a mouse a cookie'... where does it end. if 'the man' is allowed to take something of yours because one power hungry man sees fit, then what else will be taken without question. its hard to make an argument on either side of this one without being repetetive, so i digress. start taking things, anything, away and how long does this remain 'the land of the free' and not communist russia.

I am with you Dude
But it looks like the Cops like the idea and the civilians don't.
How many Cops here DO NOT like the idea of confiscating ones car based on the On-going discussion?

THE POLICE CAN DO ANYTHING THEY WANT EVEN KILL YOU.all they need is a reasonable dougth. You have to make sure you have the MONEY to fight them at they owne game. Plus why would you race another car if you never spoke to the driver (ricer racing). In a court of law, the term of aggresive drive still has to be determine. one can say I was avoiding a dangerous driver/pot hole or other. The law must have change, because the police here in new york, goes around intimadating tax payer to commit a violation or crime. i have been through the process alot of time. The $$$$ alway help with a lawyer. THE FAMOUS "EXPLAIN IT TO THE JUDGE". the best thing you can do when stop by the police is KEEP YOU MOUTH SHUT,,,,,HE WILL NEVER HELP YOU. Why you think they alway get to the crime seen when everyone is dead. the police pleage on the weak/uneducated mines. I love car and hate to see people get they car taken. The police want to be like us/cool...instead of ANDY GRIFFIT. LOL

THE POLICE CAN DO ANYTHING THEY WANT EVEN KILL YOU.all they need is a reasonable dougth. You have to make sure you have the MONEY to fight them at they owne game. Plus why would you race another car if you never spoke to the driver (ricer racing). In a court of law, the term of aggresive drive still has to be determine. one can say I was avoiding a dangerous driver/pot hole or other. The law must have change, because the police here in new york, goes around intimadating tax payer to commit a violation or crime. i have been through the process alot of time. The $$$$ alway help with a lawyer. THE FAMOUS "EXPLAIN IT TO THE JUDGE". the best thing you can do when stop by the police is KEEP YOU MOUTH SHUT,,,,,HE WILL NEVER HELP YOU. Why you think they alway get to the crime seen when everyone is dead. the police pleage on the weak/uneducated mines. I love car and hate to see people get they car taken. The police want to be like us/cool...instead of ANDY GRIFFIT. LOL

My God man, before you hit the 'submit reply' button, take a minute to look over what you just typed. I can understand the occasional mistake, but I don't think one sentence contains proper structure or spelling. Kinda embarrassing. :frown:

Anyway, I think you might have made one point if I properly translated your post. Your car likely isn't going to be taken away because you pull up to a light with the cop Z and you light 'em up. You may be looking at a few citations, but that's not a road race. Without a prior meeting/arrangement, it's just reckless behavior.

Sort of on/off topic...So I was 17 or 18, young and stupid. Late at night and no traffic. So I was in a 89 5spd GTA at a light, a guy I barely knew pulls up at the corner in a 1990 Formula also a 5spd (5spd 3rd gens were rare, so this was a must race). He revs it up with a big 5hit eating grin and takes off blowing the tires off, when the light turned green I catch up to him, so we are going out of town and starting to get faster. We are in a 2 lane and I'm following him. We start to get up to about 70 mph in a 45, so we crest the hill right in front of a smokey.
His blue lights immediately blaze, so knowing that I'm behind this dude and will be the first to be caught, I lock it up and pull into a side spot, the cop barely had time to get turned around himself. So he was right there, I get out of the car and go over to the smokey and tell him, "that crazy nut in that black car was throwing bottles at my car! I was trying to get his licence plate!" Acting all frantically, so he actually without question or anything gets back in his Fun Busting Patrol Vehicle and blasts off after the dude. I was like, holy 5hit, he bought that steaming mound! I got back in the car and my buddy was like "what in the hell did you say to get out of that so fast?" I was in shock myself, These days if I tried that I'd get shot or tazed for approaching a smokey's car without "official direction" I took off and went home a different road and drove mom's wagon for a few days.

LOL...love it..I`m starting to thing your a PIG instead of a RAT. both the same...LOL

old man with eye problem...get you medication..lol

and don`t forget to vote for the BEAST....

YOUR PROUDE HIGH SCHOOL DROP-OUT.

yea, lets change the topic. most 99% of you BOOK-WORM with HIGHER EDUCATION don`t even have a job are living with your parent and your DUMB kids(the future problem)....lol. the educated ones with job, pay so much tax and BULL****, the turbobuick has been a dream since 18-19 yrs ols...LOL. yea, i`m a left-back, but all my dream are fullfill. except american SPELLing. No one plan on staying here. do they? the NUKE are comming........

I AM THE NUMBER ONE AMERICAN`T LOSER....say it!

LOL...love it..I`m starting to thing your a PIG instead of a RAT. both the same...LOL

old man with eye problem...get you medication..lol

and don`t forget to vote for the BEAST....

YOUR PROUDE HIGH SCHOOL DROP-OUT.

yea, lets change the topic. most 99% of you BOOK-WORM with HIGHER EDUCATION don`t even have a job are living with your parent and your DUMB kids(the future problem)....lol. the educated ones with job, pay so much tax and BULL****, the turbobuick has been a dream since 18-19 yrs ols...LOL. yea, i`m a left-back, but all my dream are fullfill. except american SPELLing. No one plan on staying here. do they? the NUKE are comming........

I AM THE NUMBER ONE AMERICAN`T LOSER....say it!

Dude, are you some kind of terrorist or something? Did you just threaten nukes on America?

Dude, are you some kind of terrorist or something? Did you just threaten nukes on America?

LOL!

I'm guessing that English is his second language. If so, then I may have been a little harsh. But that is some tough reading!!! I didn't graduate from college but I did pay a little attention throughout school.

LOL!

I'm guessing that English is his second language. If so, then I may have been a little harsh. But that is some tough reading!!! I didn't graduate from college but I did pay a little attention throughout school.

His grammatical approach is 5!tty, but his T-Type is awesome!!:D Very Nice Ride! Love the two tone.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/members-rides-friends-family/190893-stevex-ride.html
Picture174.jpg