Can cops legally do this?

That's BULL!!! They're using our tax dollars for crap like that. Just another abuse of power. :mad:
What's really wrong is the fact that's it nearly impossible to distinguish those cars apart from other civilian cars without any identifying marks. I don't car how many lights they put on them,if they're not clearly visible then it'll look like any other Mustang or 350Z. Ever since I found out that the local cops and the Georgia State Patrol each got a Charger,every time I see a Charger I drive extra cautious.

Lawrence PD has been doin that for years .. "drug" cars that have been seized ... :eek:

just did some reading on it, end result is kids and civics..lol kids see vin desil, pimp out their tuners, get out on the street and get stupid so now it seems theres a big deal going on with crackdowns.

Notice what they quote, "that racers spend thousands of dollars to make them fast just to Run away from the police" what a crock of SH**, they made them fast to be fun and to go racing not to evade the law, well, maybe to break it a little but that's some stupid excuse just my 02's, and yes they are abusing power once again.. good thing my car is faster than that mustang or I be in trouble :tongue:

They are behind the times..........they've been doing that for as long as I can remember here in Indiana.......there's alot of chargers around here and if you roll up next to one, 8 times out of 10 its the law. Back in the early 90's there used to be 2 GNs that patrolled I-465 around Naptown, spotter and chaser style.........you just can never tell anymore......be careful.

GA has used seized cars in many municipalities for ages, including dakotas, chargers, magnums, 3 series BMWs, and even civic coupes as bait cars for street racing. Call it illegal, call it unfair, call it what you like, but if you aren't doin anything wrong, it doesn't matter.

They mentioned following too close, speeding, careless driving, running stop lights ect.. as infractions that could warrant this penalty....

Wow, I can have my car confiscated for following too closely? Seems kind of harsh.

Eh, I listened to it again. It sounds like if you're caught street racing, they can take your car. Then they'll turn it into and undercover car to catch other minor infrations like mentioned above.

They will probably have more high speed chases because of this. Some people just won't pull over when they know their car is going to be taken from them. More deaths and crashes because of this abuse of power. I think someones license should be taken away before their vehicle they bought and paid (or currently paying) for. Do we get to confiscate a cop car or give the police a ticket when we see police officers running red lights because they feel like it? and I'm not talking about going through with lights and sirens just going through because they don't feel like waiting. how about when they speed? or any other type of "aggressive driving"? I see it all the time city and suburbs.

People have to stand up and vote these clowns out of office and vote in people that are sensible, rational and realistic.

and yes I know police officers aren't voted in, I'm talking about the clowns that push these policies/procedures. I don't have a problem with the police either I know they have a job to do, one that is very tough and demanding.

I do see a point in confiscating a car that was bought and paid for with illegal funds like a drug dealers car or something like that, but that is for a different post.

Been like that here in Cape Coral ever since I can remember....LOL.

There was a Camaro that you wouldn't know was a PD car even standing next to it.. .that got ALOT of speeders.

They have about 8-10 new Chargers too.... those are a little more noticable, but still sneeky.

The best one I've ever seen was a late 80's early 90's Olds Cutlass Ciera...LOL:eek: :eek: no tinted windows... nothing, talk about plain jane:eek: Saw that one with a few pulled over too:biggrin:

Guess I won't be raceing any more new Saleens on the street:eek: :eek:

Lawrence PD has been doin that for years .. "drug" cars that have been seized ... :eek:

LOWRIDER LAWRENCE Home to happy car insurance frauds :eek:

I thought the drug cars go to the lawyers as collateral? my Lawyer Friend in Andover has acquired many

It's messed up if you get caught doing something very minor though. They should use those cars for catching other street racers not people who commit minor infractions. It's bull,plain and simple.
Something else to think about,what if someone steals your car or parts from your car and uses your car or parts in a street race or in a police chase? I wonder if they would confiscate it then. Like someone else said there is a difference between confiscating a drug dealer's car and a car that has been paid for by a hard working person with a real job. What if one of your Turbo Buick got confiscated because you were participating in an occasional stoplight to stoplight run? You would be up in arms.

LOWRIDER LAWRENCE Home to happy car insurance frauds :eek:

I thought the drug cars go to the lawyers as collateral? my Lawyer Friend in Andover has acquired many

I bet the cops get priority to get the cars:p .. on other charges where they are not looking for the car then the lawyer prob gets the car because the guy doesn't have any money to pay them .. Oh around Ma/NH they have anything and everything for cars .. IF you can't see threw the window tint DON"T PLAY WITH THEM ... :biggrin:

If you don't street race then you have nothing to worry about. Stop crying like a bitch. How would you like if you are on a slow moving, congested highway and two retards are racing weaving in & out lanes and wreck into the back of your Buick. I bet you won't be happy and then the insurance company wants to total out your car.

We sieze a vehicle if we find a large amount of drugs/money what makes it even better when we find the stuff in a trap.

You wanna play then you have to be prepared to consequences when you get busted. So you're pissed because you can't tell if there is a LEO around:rolleyes: I see it all the time, driving on the highway and everyone is doing 70-80mph in 55mph zone, they see a cop in the shoulder and everyone jams on the brakes, you know you were speeding.

Only the bad guys can have fast cars well now the tables have turned and everyone is crying. FL State Troopers have modified Mercury Marauders as chase and patrol cars. The next county over from me has a Marauder also. They even have a sport bike to go after motorcycles. Here in NJ, troopers have black Crown Vic with tints and a big white window sticker advertising that they are a limo company. The trooper might be cruising at 70 and waits for a driver to pass him, then he lights him up.:eek:

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

If you don't street race then you have nothing to worry about. Stop crying like a bitch. How would you like if you are on a slow moving, congested highway and two retards are racing weaving in & out lanes and wreck into the back of your Buick. I bet you won't be happy and then the insurance company wants to total out your car.

We sieze a vehicle if we find a large amount of drugs/money what makes it even better when we find the stuff in a trap.

You wanna play then you have to be prepared to consequences when you get busted. So you're pissed because you can't tell if there is a LEO around:rolleyes: I see it all the time, driving on the highway and everyone is doing 70-80mph in 55mph zone, they see a cop in the shoulder and everyone jams on the brakes, you know you were speeding.

Only the bad guys can have fast cars well now the tables have turned and everyone is crying. FL State Troopers have modified Mercury Marauders as chase and patrol cars. The next county over from me has a Marauder also. They even have a sport bike to go after motorcycles. Here in NJ, troopers have black Crown Vic with tints and a big white window sticker advertising that they are a limo company. The trooper might be cruising at 70 and waits for a driver to pass him, then he lights him up.:eek:

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

It's pretty uncalled for to tell someone to stop "crying like a bitch" because they disagree with policies and laws that they deem outlandish and unjust. I think all laws should be reviewed and updated. There are tons of laws on the books that are stupid as hell. We live in a democracy and are allowed to question the government. I don't have a problem with penalizing street racing I have a problem with the punishment.

I think a lot of the speed limits should be increased because they were created when cars took longer to stop and were harder to control. IN MY OPINION speed limits now are mainly used to gather revenue for the local government and are not intended to save lives. I know I've almost been in accidents because some idiot slammed on their breaks because a police car was on the side of the road. Whats more dangerous, traffic cruising along 10 mph over the limit or big set of BREAK LIGHTS out of the blue at 75mph?

I think a very good system would be adjustable speed limits depending on weather and conditions for example. Rational thought and problem resolution goes out the window when the government wants its money.

I'm sure no one disagrees with them catching street racers. It's the way they're using the cars to catch drivers for MINOR INFRACTIONS. They should be using the cars to catch other street racers.

Here in NJ, troopers have black Crown Vic with tints and a big white window sticker advertising that they are a limo company. The trooper might be cruising at 70 and waits for a driver to pass him, then he lights him up.:eek:

That is really really low. That definitely should be entrapment. :mad: