camshafts

I'm running a 223 223 Reed cam.Sounds good.Nice lope.Made 476 HP and 493 @the wheels.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Duration at .050"says little about the cam. I've got a 218/224 that will make a lot of power if you can keep backpressure below 50psi on a 9:1 engine. I made about 760hp with it and the car trapped high 130's if you're interested.

I always thought It is not just bigger is better attitude, I thought more the best combo? Couldn't you have a smaller cam and make more power???

I always thought It is not just bigger is better attitude, I thought more the best combo? Couldn't you have a smaller cam and make more power???

Smaller advertised and duration at .050" but "bigger" from .200" up will make more power. Also more EVO with reductions in back pressure equals more power. No need to add overlap unless the rest of the combo is going to be making power at higher rpm or you just narrow the useful range and have a lazy spooling combo that never gets it done.

In my mustang with 1.73 roller rockers. Ran 99mph in 1/8th @ 3500 da on 15psi, 16* of timing, af mid 11's af.

Bison, what do you think about these cam specs for 6262 turbo? Was spec'd by my builder for my combo but he normally builds twin screw and roots powered v6's for the supercoupe. He has a page on fb under "super coupes unlimited" and has a lot of details on what he builds.

btw...this cam idles with 16inhg. It likes a lot of timing down low and af around 15:1. Idle is pretty good I must say.

Attachments

• camsheet.jpg
    camsheet.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 128
I run a custom 224 hyd roller from RPE on the street. No problems at all
Bryan

In my mustang with 1.73 roller rockers. Ran 99mph in 1/8th @ 3500 da on 15psi, 16* of timing, af mid 11's af.

Bison, what do you think about these cam specs for 6262 turbo? Was spec'd by my builder for my combo but he normally builds twin screw and roots powered v6's for the supercoupe. He has a page on fb under "super coupes unlimited" and has a lot of details on what he builds.

btw...this cam idles with 16inhg. It likes a lot of timing down low and af around 15:1. Idle is pretty good I must say.
I ran the same lobes (on a buick cam core which will shrink the intensity a little)with 110LS and a 68mm turbine and the engine had enough nut to push the car to 137+ on a cast 66 compressor. I agree with the wider spread with the smaller turbine on your engine. If you have enough spring and can get the backpressure below 40psu running a more aggressive lobe with less spread will make more power. I do like those lobes a lot though. They don't need ridiculous springs and just work.

Running a comp 26918 spring. iirc they were setup at 120lbs on the seat at installed height. This cam and turbo combo is starting to impress me. Both are moderate to say the least but I think I can squeeze 6.7's out of it with 15-16psi on pump gas. Although I know I've got a ways to go I don't think 6.40's is out of the question on this combo with more boost, better fuel, and a good da.

At what air intake temp would you think this compressor is done? Because right now the highest I'm seeing with 10sec power is 136* through a 3" fmic and 80* ambient.

Running a comp 26918 spring. iirc they were setup at 120lbs on the seat at installed height. This cam and turbo combo is starting to impress me. Both are moderate to say the least but I think I can squeeze 6.7's out of it with 15-16psi on pump gas. Although I know I've got a ways to go I don't think 6.40's is out of the question on this combo with more boost, better fuel, and a good da.

At what air intake temp would you think this compressor is done? Because right now the highest I'm seeing with 10sec power is 136* through a 3" fmic and 80* ambient.
I'd bump the spring pressure up. The compressor on the 6265 I ran dropped off like a rock at about 78lbs/mi @2.7:1 pressure ratio. After that it made a crap load of heat. I was using alky injection and charge temps were close to ambient temps until I tried to get more out of it. I had the boost up to 33psi at one point but it lost about 40whp. Charge temps post alky were about 125 degrees. Up about 60 degrees from lower boost pressures