Camshafts

Mr.Buick

Anyone know what camshaft they are trying to sell on Ebay? Buick GN parts

A nationally recognized OEM cam grinding company has decided to liquidate remaining inventory of a number of OEM replacement and High Performance Camshafts. The Cam in this auction was ground for a nationally recognized High Performance aftermarket company. Due to the pricing of these items, I cannot disclose whom. These camshafts are in new, unused condition, ready for use.

Camshafts are sold without lifters. Camshaft profile specifications are provided as they are available, but it is up to the bidder to determine fitness for a given application.

Camshafts are shipped factory direct and in most cases are shipped same or next day.

Year(s): 77-87

Cam Description: 77-87 BUICK GN HI-PERF 3.8L Hydraulic V-6

Cam Lift (intake): .275

Cam Lift (exhaust): .275

Valve Lift (intake): .44

Valve Lift (exhaust): .44

Centerline (intake): 105 Degrees

Centerline (exhaust): 109 Degrees

Spread: 107 Degrees

Duration at .050 (intake): 200 Degrees

Duration at .050 (exhaust): 200 Degrees

Mfr. Part Number: 113812

It's very close to the Lunati 200/200 of Red Armstrong fame. Kent Rudbeck went 10.40's on this cam in 1996. It idles like a stocker, perfect vacuum, and is still [in my opinion] on of the absolute BEST cams for a street driven TR.

Sad to see everyone going slower with 210+ degree cams. What happened?

Like I said, it's close...but the spec's are slightly different. I've searched, and can't find it. Anyone know the spec's of the GSCA's 200/200?

Originally posted by QuickWrench
It's very close to the Lunati 200/200 of Red Armstrong fame. Kent Rudbeck went 10.40's on this cam in 1996. It idles like a stocker, perfect vacuum, and is still [in my opinion] on of the absolute BEST cams for a street driven TR.

Sad to see everyone going slower with 210+ degree cams. What happened?

Like I said, it's close...but the spec's are slightly different. I've searched, and can't find it. Anyone know the spec's of the GSCA's 200/200?

Yes, I still have the spec sheet on mine. Cam is STILL going strong :D
While there are some similarities (200/200), all the other numbers are somewhat different.
MFR Part #32506 serial # M64D 4259
Adv. duration: 250/250
duration at .050: 200/200
lift at valve: .426/.426
Lobe separation: 107
center line of intake lobe: 107 making cam 0° advanced.