Camaro slaughtered me

Damnit. I just have lots of bubbles in my garage tint job. I'll switch to purple and see if the action picks up. :cool:

One look and you have to know he runs a lot quicker than 11.0's I don't let myself get sucked in by those guys. But you tried, you get an "atta boy" for that.

Here at the G'ville track they always line me up with 13.0 cars or 9.0 cars. I'm either 2 seconds in front or 2 seconds behind.

You guys have not learned of the lure that purple window tint brings...

I'm convinced that's why I get soooooo much attention on the street.:D

I got purple window tint there big guy but like I said above either 2 seconds out front or behind.

Mikey

One advantage of a GN is that they all look alike to a non-Buick person so you can always bring in a fellow club member whose Stage II, low 9 street car looks just like yours.:biggrin::biggrin:

Ahh...who cares, their is always someone out there who is gonna beat the next guy. At least it was a mean old muscle car and not something really unexpected, their is a TBuick out there that will kill that car....then another car that will kill that same Tbuick....keeps the game exciting :biggrin:
Those ZZ 502's seem like pretty mean crate motors after a quick read on what they are...I'll have to hunt one down in my 'Bee :p

Ahh...who cares, their is always someone out there who is gonna beat the next guy. At least it was a mean old muscle car and not something really unexpected, their is a TBuick out there that will kill that car....then another car that will kill that same Tbuick....keeps the game exciting :biggrin:
Those ZZ 502's seem like pretty mean crate motors after a quick read on what they are...I'll have to hunt one down in my 'Bee :p

GMPP under rates the ZZ502 in their marketing data.
Every time they are tested, out of the box by an independent, they make at least 550HP and 575TQ...that's using an Edelbrock RPM Airgap and at least 1 7/8" primary long tube headers (I'm running 2" headers).
...and the reality is they are actually a pretty mild build at 9.5:1 compression ratio and with a very streetable roller cam that produces excellent vacuum and the bugger is bullet proof.

Add some beehive valve springs and roller rockers and the power curve keeps climbing up the improved RPM range...

GMPP under rates the ZZ502 in their marketing data.
Every time they are tested, out of the box by an independent, they make at least 550HP and 575TQ...that's using an Edelbrock RPM Airgap and at least 1 7/8" primary long tube headers (I'm running 2" headers).
...and the reality is they are actually a pretty mild build at 9.5:1 compression ratio and with a very streetable roller cam that produces excellent vacuum and the bugger is bullet proof.

Add some beehive valve springs and roller rockers and the power curve keeps climbing up the improved RPM range...

Same deal with the motor in my Bee now...10:1 compression but alot of power, very streetable and powerful. I am tearing the heads off this winter and gettin' a lil nuts :biggrin: Full roller top-end and shaving them down to get 11:1....can't leave well enough alone I suppose...lol.
But same deal as the Cheby 502.....lots of room for improvement...Hoping for a midish 10'Sec slip on the old girl being full weight and naturally aspirated.

After seeing that vid i wouldnt want to race that car unless i knew my car was capable of mid 9's. 11's my ass.

Pretty much an every day occurrence on the freeways around LA...

But doing that crap through traffic is kinda....stupid...

He still had some room in the power band left as he was passing the F-Car and if he's running a T-56...he'd have plenty of gear left too.

I've had my 68 with it's ZZ502 and TKO-600 up to 145mph in 5th on an empty toll road and it was still pulling like a freight train when I ran out of nerve and let off.

The advantage we have is the fear of the unknown...... I bet you will not be picked on by anything slower than a nine second car.

This statement is soo true. Guys that know cars hesitate to run a Buick, because they 90% all look the same. They dont know if its a 13 second car or a 9 second car.
The fear of the unknown

Wow, just wow.

Wow, sorry to hear / read of your misfortune. 11.70's, yeah right.
From watching those videos, that car definitely looks like a mid to high 5 second 1/8th mile car, but the big kicker is, how many stages does he have? The Zed video looked like a solid run, maybe 1 large stage. Ya gotta watch out for cars like that, I'd say if you were going to have a rematch, you better bring at least a high-mid 8 second car or you stand no chance. That's a serious car. We've had street Camaros like that back home that ran on the streets all the time. Serious cars. He schooled that Zed. Back in the day, we constantly had quote unquote street cars that would always try to pick on us Turbo Buick owners. In my opinion, it's not a street car if you trailer it to the race spot, unload it and make a 1600 ft pass, in 1/4 mile street race. Aka, spinning and sliding all over the street. :rolleyes: Just plain dumb and stupid.

My advice? I would definitely bring a howitzer to that gun fight. Your best bet would be to keep it on the street and hope he is traction impaired when he hits the button/buttons. I would not put money on a 9 second anything Buick against that car at the strip.

Be safe out there.

Patrick

His camaro does run good. I heard that it's not a 427, but something much bigger. Not sure who to believe, but it runs dang good. Large cubes, Brodix heads, high compression, giant roller cam...it's just a nasty combination. The 400 shot of NOS really helps things along too. If I can get my new engine and combo together, I may run him again, but only if I can get my traction issues resolved. The saga continues...

Listen to Patrick, he's been there, done that. I'd hate to see you hurt that nice motor on pump gas with a car that is clearly not in your class. If he wants to play on the street, make him give you a spot and demand for the hit. Now you have the race in your favor...;) As said before Be Safe, Have Fun and video it for us!!

On the street it's all about the MPH. He can't launch at all on the street. When we raced, I was ahead until mid 2nd gear. He'll have to agree to leave the 400 shot of NOS turned off. It'll be purely for fun. If he spanks me again, I'll throw in some 112 octane and turn it up to 25 psi. My car has run 11.30's at 119 MPH with the stock engine at 25 psi, so I can only imagine what this new engine is capable of.