cam with 9:1 compression

big reazon

Have totally forged stock stroke bottom end. Have 9:1 compression. Currently have a cea 6262 dbb at precsion getting fixed up maybe move to a 6466 later if it would make a big enough difference. I have a 206/210 from my last build is this cam too small now with the current compression. What should I run? Have pro-torque 9.5 nl 3200rpm stall. fuel will be 92 and razor alky. I would guess heavy and say car ways 4000lbs even though it has glass bumper. run a 29" tall tire but plan on changing from the 3.42 to 3.90 goal is to break into high 10s

That cam is plenty big enough for high 10's and having a smaller cam might really help get a heavy car moving/make converter selection easier.

Sorry if this will piss you off, but your combination is one wacky pile of parts I would never dream about doing? :confused:

The 3.90 gears to go high 10's even with 29" tires will put your RPM's way beyond your power band at that level. Only GN I know with a 3.90 runs very low 9's and 7200+ RPM.

A 3200 stall converter is way too low with a 62 turbo even if it is a BB.

The heaviest GN I have seen on the scales is 3700 pounds with a driver?

Cam selection should be based more upon head flow and RPM range, rather than compression ratio. Stock, unopened 3.8 engines and stock cams have been into the 10's, and I know one GN real well that has been there with a 60 mm turbo.

After a dyno session with e-85 and alky cars this weekend, you better have a fuel system with more than adequate delivery capability, and a tune to match. Fortunately Cal was there to help with tuning to prevent any damage, which would have certainly happened on a few of the cars, including one with a stock computer.

On the plus side, you have a very good start on a high 10 sec. car with your basic build. :)

Sorry if this will piss you off, but your combination is one wacky pile of parts I would never dream about doing? :confused:

The 3.90 gears to go high 10's even with 29" tires will put your RPM's way beyond your power band at that level. Only GN I know with a 3.90 runs very low 9's and 7200+ RPM.

A 3200 stall converter is way too low with a 62 turbo even if it is a BB.

The heaviest GN I have seen on the scales is 3700 pounds with a driver?

Cam selection should be based more upon head flow and RPM range, rather than compression ratio. Stock, unopened 3.8 engines and stock cams have been into the 10's, and I know one GN real well that has been there with a 60 mm turbo.

After a dyno session with e-85 and alky cars this weekend, you better have a fuel system with more than adequate delivery capability, and a tune to match. Fortunately Cal was there to help with tuning to prevent any damage, which would have certainly happened on a few of the cars, including one with a stock computer.

On the plus side, you have a very good start on a high 10 sec. car with your basic build. :)
No offense taken want to get stuff situated sooner than later
So nick what would you recommend for gears with a 29" tall tire?
What stall would you recommend for for the 6262 bb turbo?
My car isn't a gn its a malibu but I was just guessing a heavy weight because of aftermarket sun roof and 150 lbs of stereo equipment
I feel my fuel system is up to par its all new lines a dw300 fuel pump, accufab afpr, and precision 65lb injectors

As far as your 3.42 stock gear, try it first and see how the car responds to know what you should do.

In a car I just built for myself to run 10's, but mainly a street car, I installed a 3.73 gear since it needed a new gear set anyway, and I wanted to see how it will do on the street. It has a TE-45A turbo [66 mm wheel] and a 3800 converter with 28-1/2" tires?

My converter will stall at 3000-3100 at zero boost, which is about where you need to be also. See if you can have your converter re-stalled?

If you have a 206/210 cam, I would use it as you will get very good mid-range power and torque with it, and your good ported heads/intake.

My thinking at this point is your fuel system should be good on the street, but at the track I do not trust pump gas and alky, and personally would add octane with race gas.

With max HP and torque at the 2-3 shift RPM it puts tremendous loads on the engine and trans which you will not see on the street, and that is the point damage is most likely to happen.

You should be able to achieve your performance goals w/o a large "strain" on your budget using stuff you already have! :)

Hey guys,
I was just over in Montana fixing a GN for a guy I know and the car would just not take off running a Full Throttle 210- 215 roller cam, Champion iron heads and all the other supporting junk with a 6162 turbo. This wasn't the reason for me going to fix the car and I fixed what was wrong and took this thing out and that's when I discovered it would NOT take off, laggy as hell. He is running a new 9.5 Pro- Torque 3200 also and foot braking this thing it was stalling at 2300 every time.

Hey guys,
I was just over in Montana fixing a GN for a guy I know and the car would just not take off running a Full Throttle 210- 215 roller cam, Champion iron heads and all the other supporting junk with a 6162 turbo. This wasn't the reason for me going to fix the car and I fixed what was wrong and took this thing out and that's when I discovered it would NOT take off, laggy as hell. He is running a new 9.5 Pro- Torque 3200 also and foot braking this thing it was stalling at 2300 every time.
I run the same cam with similar supporting mods and a 3000 lu converter(2800rpm@0psi) and my car is anything but laggy. I spin 275/60/15 drag radials from a dig everytime. I am 100% satisfied with this 210/215 comp cam from fullthrottle. I installed it straight up. I did degree it and it matched the cam card exactly

I run the same cam with similar supporting mods and a 3000 lu converter(2800rpm@0psi) and my car is anything but laggy. I spin 275/60/15 drag radials from a dig everytime. I am 100% satisfied with this 210/215 comp cam from fullthrottle. I installed it straight up. I did degree it and it matched the cam card exactly
Dont you have a stroker now? Think Im gonna stick with the cam you sold me and run it again.

Same cam here 210/215 roller with a billet 9/11 3000 stall and a 6776 that spools up instantly. Nasty from the dig too.

Alot of difference stalling at 2800 than 2300. Getdowngranny, you don't say who's 9/11 ?? and what does it stall at?