cam selection help

There is a lot of good information being shared on this tread.
From what has been posted, can I conclude that a 212/206 is a little quicker than a 206/212 but the 206/212 would be better on the street if both cams have similar durations?

I'm building a similar combo and will be using the 6262 for start up. Words my engine builder told me that stuck with me through cam selection was to build the motor for max potential and choose turbo accordingly. I ended up going with a 224/224 hyd roller. I'm shooting for a 9sec et with the 62mm turbo and plan to upgrade to a 67mm variant.

JT'sV6 said:
I'm building a similar combo and will be using the 6262 for start up. Words my engine builder told me that stuck with me through cam selection was to build the motor for max potential and choose turbo accordingly. I ended up going with a 224/224 hyd roller. I'm shooting for a 9sec et with the 62mm turbo and plan to upgrade to a 67mm variant.
If your engine had decent efficiency you will run out of compressor wheel using very low boost with that cam.

There is a lot of good information being shared on this tread.
From what has been posted, can I conclude that a 212/206 is a little quicker than a 206/212 but the 206/212 would be better on the street if both cams have similar durations?
the 212/206 will never be quicker with a new technology turbo that has a good turbine wheel like the 6262 or the 6266. Short exhust durations became popular many years ago when we have high backpressure in the exhaust, with the newer tech turbine wheels we can use the longer exahust to get the extra air out (simple explaination) in the end it is all about "event timing", when the valves open and closed and how long they are open at the same time in relation to the piston.
Mike

wmerrell said:
Hey Bison,
What do you think about my combo?
Any recommendations as to boost?

You should be in the window with what you have. The 62 compressor has more potential than the 62 ex. Idk where the 62 turbine runs out. My guess is around 70lbs/min on a 9:1 engine. So with a 206 intake and ok heads you should hit 60lbs/min around 22psi/5100rpm. Peak torque will be higher than peak hp. The boost doesnt really matter. Whether it's 22 or 24 or 27. Mass flow is mass flow. Just run the boost you need to run the number.