Cam card info., for something 240* or more??

NCTURBOS

Gettin' back in action!!
Staff member
Does anyone have cam card information, that they care to share, for a larger build where they've used something that has 240* duration through 250* duration? I'm wanting to see where all the cam events are happening, not just the duration & lift specs.

I'm looking into a non-Buick V6 turbo project and am wanting some food for thought on the bigger stuff being used on the Buicks. I have cam cards from stock through 224* duration...

FWIW, you can PM if you don't care to share to the public... No info. will go past me...

K.

The cam card would likely be off a few degrees from actual if the lobes were not intended for the small journal Buick cam. The lobe family used could cause a huge variance in potential when attempting to compare duration numbers. Also all the cam cards are generated off of formulas and assume symmetrical lobes.

Does anyone have cam card information, that they care to share, for a larger build where they've used something that has 240* duration through 250* duration? I'm wanting to see where all the cam events are happening, not just the duration & lift specs.

I'm looking into a non-Buick V6 turbo project and am wanting some food for thought on the bigger stuff being used on the Buicks. I have cam cards from stock through 224* duration...

FWIW, you can PM if you don't care to share to the public... No info. will go past me...

K.

I have an excel spreadsheet that I use to make a cam card based on catalog data for advertised and .050 duration and LSA. I also have it calculate valve lift at 0 lash but could be easily talored any way you want it. If you know what your looking for I can generate something for you. I somewhat bias toward the Comp stuff since they have some of the widest selection of lobes available.

Allan G.

The cam card would likely be off a few degrees from actual if the lobes were not intended for the small journal Buick cam. The lobe family used could cause a huge variance in potential when attempting to compare duration numbers. Also all the cam cards are generated off of formulas and assume symmetrical lobes.

You will find more asymmetrical lobe design in performance applications...thanks to Duntov. Aggressive opening ramp and a slightly slower closing to help the springs control the valves closing...especially on roller stuff.

K.

Suggestion, get a catalog from your preferred cam vendor....go to the back where the lobe families are listed and compare. Bison makes an excellent point about looking at the lobe families and the cores they are used with....a lobe for a 60mm journal is not gonna work the same on a 52mm journal.