calling 10 sec guys

humberto

Hey guys for those of you who are running in the tens do you think those new 57lb injectors will be enough?Upgradeing probably to a 63 serious turbo as well.Dont want to dip into the tens with present combo i feel that it will be maxed out.Im also thinking about the way it will perform on the street.

When I went 10.95 with 55's and a TE-64, it seems like I was running 95%DC which is marginal at best. Now this was before I was burning my own chips and I only had a single xp Plus pump so I couldn't start with 50+ PSI fuel pressure. If you have a double pumper, you may be able to get a little less DC but IMHO if you want to be in the 10's consistently, you need 72s. 72's are good on the street too.

hth
Sully

Hey V6 Beast i think your right maybe i should really consider the 72s .What fuel pressures were you running at with the 55s at 10.95?

I'd say atleast 72's

mph shows hp more than et does and at 121 mph you have enough power to get you there but with the combo you have listed Im thinking there is plenty of power left to be tuned out of it

need to adress the fuel pump area also

Reds Hot Air are you saying to put the 72s only and attemp high 10s with my existing combo?Is there a single pump out in the market that i can just swap for my 307?Dont really feel like installing double pumps.

I went 10.59 on 50s with no 7th.I recommend 72s because I saw in person on Bruces bench what injectors do after about 90% DC.
I USED TO CHANGE A BUNCH OF HEAD GASKETS>THEN TORE THRUSTS OUT THIS SEASON ALL YEAR NOTHING WRONG>i just pulled the motor. All season and no Problems.Goin through it anyway my update some things:cool:

you got more motor than mine so why not go for 10's

A 340 walbro pump will take you farther but mid 120's on mph is where I'd say time for duel pumps

once you get fuel taken care of just turn the boost up and get some 10 second timeslips

just for anyones info I was around 81% duty cycle on 75# injectors when running 130-133 trap speeds

I have a TE64-1 and jave been running the 55's last two years,looking into those high Z 57's scince I have the chips down pretty good(they are supposed to be same as 55's as both injectors flow 55#'s of test solvent and 57# of fuel :confused: )

HTH,
Steve

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR

just for anyones info I was around 81% duty cycle on 75# injectors when running 130-133 trap speeds

Wow ,, I am running like 89% to go 129 on 72s. What is your starting fuel pressure?

Humberto: That was a starting FP of like 43 psi vacumn off

Sully

Originally posted by BobbyBuick
I went 10.59 on 50s with no 7th.I recommend 72s because I saw in person on Bruces bench what injectors do after about 90% DC.
I USED TO CHANGE A BUNCH OF HEAD GASKETS>THEN TORE THRUSTS OUT THIS SEASON ALL YEAR NOTHING WRONG>i just pulled the motor. All season and no Problems.Goin through it anyway my update some things:cool:

That pretty well sums it up.
Once you hear, see, the effects of injectors going erratic, it forever answers what you don't want to hear, see.

Yes Bruce your 100% right ,guys thanks for all the input.72s it is,i can almost taste that 10 sec pass. :D

dude just buy the two 340 pumps and ill help you set them up. its no big deal. btw what 63 are you referring to?????

i'm convinced on the 72lb injectors with an ecm mod...i mean the 72's cost the same as the 57's and it's only like $150 to mod the ecm...plus i am going double pumper so might as well go large in everything...i am going to be running a PT67 turbo so i will need fuel!:D

Originally posted by V6 Beast
Wow ,, I am running like 89% to go 129 on 72s. What is your starting fuel pressure?

Humberto: That was a starting FP of like 43 psi vacumn off

Sully

going by memory starting pressure was around 43 on mine also

I run a wierd d/p setup ...I run a 190 ltr pump for primary pump and a 340 for secondary pump

Sully I looked at your web site your car weighs in about 200# more than mine also so could be the weight difference or posibly alil restriction in your fuel feed somewhere causing you to need more injector time besides the difference in 72's and 75's

If you need a good chip done once you upgrade besure to hit Eric's link in my sig ;)

I went10.75 @ 127 on 55s at Bristol with a static fuel pressure of 32psi.I have a electromotive tech 2 and it gives duty cycle but I dont think its right because I have the staric fuel pressure so low.It was showing 115%.I am going to 83s next year just to be safe.