C5 REAR BRAKE (G-body)

sorry steveX

just a little confused.....

so you have z06 rear brakes on the TR or WS6 rear brakes?
im looking for a way to bolt my rear calipers onto the rearend..

it seems as you figured a way to do this, and i would love to know how.

Thanks
Rob

Zo6 are on the front turbo regal and i install WS6 trans am rear disc brake. everything works, even the e-brake. e-brake cable is from the 96 chevy impalla SS with the LT1 engine.

Picture071.jpg

another modfifcation i did what with the hydroboost/master cylinder of the 97 s-10 blazer. I had to shorten the padle shaft 1/2 so it will work with the TR.

Picture111.jpg

Notice the firewall mounting plate if from the powermaster unit. all you need is the powermaster mounting plate so the hydroboost can be bolted to the firewall.

Picture140.jpg

COMPLETE project cost me about $800.00 front and rear brake part (new). and the labor is given...

hope this help buddy. peace.

by the way, i just got set up with this site. they sell everything needed to swap C5 disks on the front, with any spindle, and to the back with any GM 10/12 bolt.
Heres the list of everything
KORE3 Industries LLC: On and Off-Road Performance Automotive Components

brackets to use GM 11" disks on 10-bolt, all GM components. $80

COMPLETE rear disk kit with parking brake. with pads, rotors, brackets, and calipers. $1060

COMPLETE rear disk kit WITHOUT parking brake. includes pads, rotors, calipers and brackets. $449

Want C5 Z06 front disks? They have billet hub assemblies to use slip on rotors for $300. Yup, just like the wilwood kit.
Got a B-body spindle? have those too.

Want a COMPLETE C5 Z06 disk package for the front? 12.8" rotors? COmplete with brake lines, billet hubs, rotors, calipers, brackets, pads and grease caps. $900.

They will also let you build any sort of combination with any parts that they sell. Im thinking we should get them to be a sponsor to the site.
Gary

THANK YOU, now i can upgrade to some drill/slotted rotors. awsome web-site.
i will look into it some more.

10151-01A_lg.jpg

i like this set-up . i wonder if they will do the buick logo or leave the caliper blank (no-name)

oh, my complete OEM set (front/rear), new parts cost be around $800.00 so this will be in most member budget.

sweet where did you buy the mounting brackets for front and rear most auto parts stores dont carry these and good luck finding a zo6 in the bone yard or a ws6 for that matter....

sweet where did you buy the mounting brackets for front and rear most auto parts stores dont carry these and good luck finding a zo6 in the bone yard or a ws6 for that matter....

FWIW you don't need a ws6 for the rear brakes. the 98+ F-bodies use the same brakes regardless of engine or trim. even the v6.

Steve when you did this did you have to cut the top of the axle flange off above the top bolt holes that you drilled or will it bolt up just adding the two holes? I really dont wanna hack my rearend housing all up but i will drill two holes