C5 REAR BRAKE (G-body)

I'm have a bolt on kit in the design stage. It will be at least late summer before I have any thing available. Working with the stock 3 bolt axle housing persent the biggest problems.I'm trying to get the time to finish the cad drawings before sending to the machine shop for the protypes. This kit will bolt on to the stock 3 bolt axle housing with no cuting or drilling, no need to relocate the shocks, no clearance problems with the frame on lowered g-bodies, parking brake is located in the rotor, includes cnc bent stainless steel hard brakes, E-brake cables, and use stock C5 rotors, calipers, and caliper brackets.

Jason Hurst

lt4xtreme said:
I'm have a bolt on kit in the design stage. It will be at least late summer before I have any thing available. Working with the stock 3 bolt axle housing persent the biggest problems.I'm trying to get the time to finish the cad drawings before sending to the machine shop for the protypes. This kit will bolt on to the stock 3 bolt axle housing with no cuting or drilling, no need to relocate the shocks, no clearance problems with the frame on lowered g-bodies, parking brake is located in the rotor, includes cnc bent stainless steel hard brakes, E-brake cables, and use stock C5 rotors, calipers, and caliper brackets.

Jason Hurst
Your the man................. :smile: :smile:

hint

visit the corvette forum for calipers, they upgrade and you can find them reasonable

This project is 90% Complete. I was able to mount the 2004 corvette rear caliper,rotor,e-brake liner to the 86 TR. a waiting e-brake cables, JEGS brake fitting,hose and fluid. I wonder if the braking system will proportion correct?.

steveX said:
This project is 90% Complete. I was able to mount the 2004 corvette rear caliper,rotor,e-brake liner to the 86 TR. a waiting e-brake cables, JEGS brake fitting,hose and fluid. I wonder if the braking system will proportion correct?.

How bout some pics !

I will love too, but my PC allow limited performance PSS (play station portable). I have taken pic of the C5 rear and front brake on the TR , which i WILL post to the TB forum by this upcomming friday. I waited most of the day for UPS, just to miss the JEGS delievery. :( . I had alittle issue mounting rear caliper, Shock in the way,taken look at the 96 IMPALLA SS, this issue was over come. Looking @ the driver side rear wheel you will notice the caliper is mounted @ a 5 O'Clock position on the SS disc.

CONT... I mount the C5 rear caliper the same position has the SS. the buick steel line still remain in stock location ,but extend PRO-FLEX will make the connectionto the rear caliper. I am also looking to use the E-brake cable from the 2002 GMC YUKON (standard series pass) trucks.

Lastnite i try to post pic of the C5 12" rear disc brake, but i had software issue (bootleg operating sys). The donor car is a 2004 chevy corvette. parts list. rotors $85, calipers/Abutments/Pads $300, brake liner shield 12530694 $37.51, Brake kit $290. price include L/R. The brake hose and E-Brake Cable from the 96 IMPALLA SS. This brake UP-GRADE require dis-assemblie of the rear axle. Once both axle are remove two additional hole has to be drill to the top of the axle flange.

I made a braket which bolt to the axle flange. The caliper/Liner shield is them bolted to braket. I had to re-locate the caliper once again. Looking @ the driver side rear rotor, The caliper is @ the 10 O'Clock position. I shorten the brake steel line by 3" , Flare the ends, install SS rear brake to steel Line and caliper. will update with pic. I don't have a price for the CUSTOM brake @this time.the 1/2"X8X8 Stock (Aluminum) cost me $30 each.i cut the stock on a end mill overhead bridgeport

please stop wasting bandwidth ,,,,,,,,,,,,,and post the MF'ing pics already.goddammm I am tried of getting ecited just for no pics :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Picture

I hear you man....sorry.

steve told me to poat these picture....kerri .

c5rearbrake.jpg

Picture231.jpg

Picture230.jpg

Picture229.jpg

Picture232.jpg

Also, i know the F Body rear brakes clear a 15" rim but i wonder if the 12" C5's do? I will be doing this upgrade soon. I am doing the Savitske Classic & Custom AFX package in the front which accomodates the C5 13" brakes. These will be going on the car soon! then it's off to the rears! please keep this thread going! i want to here more! ------Jeremy