Buying a GN in Illinois...can anyone help?

31k9

I can't fly out to Illinois to inspect a car for sale. Can anyone help with this? Thank you

Where.........there's Chicago and then there's us Southern hicks that they don't claim.

Sorry that's in the other Illinois. We have plenty good members up that way that will probably help ya out. Good luck.

Where the heck is Huntley ?Rmar, Are you sure that's not part of your territory?

I appreciate that. Im thinking of just rolling the dice here.
Negative, never roll the dice on one of these cars. Lot of car guys up that way. And more for sale every day. Too many been beat and battered by idiots.

Negative, never roll the dice on one of these cars. Lot of car guys up that way. And more for sale every day. Too many been beat and battered by idiots.
Yup....^^^^^^^ this

Someone in the Chicago area can help you out. Do not buy one of these without someone checking it out !!!
Even if you have to pay to have it checked , do it. I bought mine out of Paletine Ill in 2007. Drove up with the wife and kid and drove it back.

Bryan

Your right. And I am willing to pay someone just need to find someone who knows these cars.

No. This one is being sold by national muscle cars. If anyone knows anything about this car please fill me in. Thx

Right?! Lol..

For that price you can buy one bad ass GN that can rip off a 9sec pass and drive home with the ac on. Or a totally stock low mile car that will be slow as hell.

Point being, if you want Something that runs, look for a built car from a long time enthusiast who has already done all the upgrades. For that price you can get a sweet ride.

If you buy a totally stock car, it would be foolish to mod. Food for thought.

Rick

Right?! Lol..

For that price you can buy one bad ass GN that can rip off a 9sec pass and drive home with the ac on. Or a totally stock low mile car that will be slow as hell.

Point being, if you want Something that runs, look for a built car from a long time enthusiast who has already done all the upgrades. For that price you can get a sweet ride.

If you buy a totally stock car, it would be foolish to mod. Food for thought.

Rick

It seems like quite a few folk believe that a modded car is bad. You hear things like it's obviously been beat on, and you're buying someone elses headaches and stuff like that. Also there's people out there with more money than god. It would be foolish for one of us normal folk to mod a low mileage stock example, but if you have more dough than you know what to do with it's not too foolish to spend a little on something you really want.

He wants $29k but I think he'll take less just need someone to look at car for me

I work pretty close to it. Anything specific you want looked at? It seems there are a ton of pictures and it looks pretty mint. I am by no means a mechanic and have very limited knowledge compared to some of the guys here, but I'll take a look if you want. I'd be happy to take her for a spin and see if she runs well if they'd let me.

Thank u. I'm new to these cars so I'm not even sure what exactly to look for. I'm looking for zero rust, make sure tranny shifts nicely, a compression check would be great, make sure everything works, signs of accidents, smooth running engine. If you know a knowledgeable mechanic in that area that you can get help from to inspect engine would be great. I can pay a few bucks too.

Couldn't take it for a ride, but it looked real nice. The paint was beautiful. Certainly looked like a 36k car. Here's a video of it....it's going to take an hour to load though so check it out around 3:40 central time. -