Burn out or burn down?

It's videos like that which remind me I need to purchase a little fire extinguisher to keep in the car!:eek:

we fight car fires everyday with water. nothing wrong with that. problem was lack of scba and ppe. couldn't get close enough to the car to knock the fire down. Looks like the Fuel tank ruptured which will make it more difficult. That guy will be toting around an o2 bottle when he's 60 if he keeps attacking fires without scba.

I like when the tires let go. That usually gets your attention at 3 in the morning.

It's videos like that which remind me I need to purchase a little fire extinguisher to keep in the car!:eek:

Been having an extinguisher in all of my TR's since day one. Never know when you or someone on the road might need it.

9 times out of 10 at these burnout contests it starts when the front seal melts out of the trans and spews fluid on the exhaust.

Most importantly, did he win the contest??:D Never could understand the attraction of entering a burnout contest?

Been having an extinguisher in all of my TR's since day one. Never know when you or someone on the road might need it.

Very true, I have no excuse why I haven't purchased one yet. Hell, I know a friend of mine had his twin turbo Foxbody coupe burn to the ground leaving the track one night a long time ago. That in itself should have made me get one!

Probably order this one~ H3R HG100R H3R HalGuard Clean Agent Fire Extinguishers

let me guess? a vol ff. typical sparky

First of all Fock off! as a volly fire fighter for 9 years and I TEACH fire school for Philadelphia Fire Department. I am just as experienced as a career fire fighter :mad: We do the SAME thing as a career department for FREE as a service to community.

Its never going to be easy to put out a car fire with out proper PPE.

Also I dont care if they did have a CAFS foam system it would have still burnt.
1fast6, nailed it lack of PPE and SCBA's hindered the attack :rolleyes:

Very true, I have no excuse why I haven't purchased one yet. Hell, I know a friend of mine had his twin turbo Foxbody coupe burn to the ground leaving the track one night a long time ago. That in itself should have made me get one!

Probably order this one~ H3R HG100R H3R HalGuard Clean Agent Fire Extinguishers

HALGUARD is bad ass stuff it really works... they use Halotron in them which basically is the replacement for halon NHRA is starting to use more and more Halotron extinguishers as they truly WORK and are super easy to clean up.

i was involved with the testing for Halotron systems and there is a product out there for police to carry in there cars, they pull out this disc looking thing, pull a pin and throw it into the fire. It then explodes and really knocks down the fire. It's been proven to reduce injuries to first responders heading in to pull someone out of a fire, espically the police officers who have a habit of running in with no turnout gear :cool:

First of all Fock off! as a volly fire fighter for 9 years and I TEACH fire school for Philadelphia Fire Department. I am just as experienced as a career fire fighter :mad: We do the SAME thing as a career department for FREE as a service to community.

Its never going to be easy to put out a car fire with out proper PPE.

Also I dont care if they did have a CAFS foam system it would have still burnt.
1fast6, nailed it lack of PPE and SCBA's hindered the attack :rolleyes:

Jim, let's please keep this thread civil. I understand why you're "fired up" about this (pun intended), but we don't need to add fuel to this fire. FWIW, you or anybody that volunteers as a firefighter get my respect because that truly is not an easy job and it is obviously very dangerous.

HALGUARD is bad ass stuff it really works... they use Halotron in them which basically is the replacement for halon NHRA is starting to use more and more Halotron extinguishers as they truly WORK and are super easy to clean up.

i was involved with the testing for Halotron systems and there is a product out there for police to carry in there cars, they pull out this disc looking thing, pull a pin and throw it into the fire. It then explodes and really knocks down the fire. It's been proven to reduce injuries to first responders heading in to pull someone out of a fire, espically the police officers who have a habit of running in with no turnout gear :cool:

Thanks for the info, sounds good!