Bumber filler(GBody) install pics

87NAT

In Between GN's
I just installed my G-Body parts fiberglass rear fillers. I have to say that I am very satisfied with the quality and ease of installation. It took about 1/2 hour of fitting and drilling the holes to get it where I wanted but it turned out real well. No major issues. I had read some nightmare stories before I decided to change out my fillers but I had no such problems. My fillers had become a real source of pain for. I have a very expensive paint job on the car and the fillers were starting to look like a Krylon job.:eek: If anyone is hesitant about doing this job, dont be. Its not bad at all. The only thing you have to do after drilling out the holes is make them oblong so they have a little side-to-side play for adjustment

The paint shop charged me $70 to sand, prep and shoot the paint.

Attachments

• fillers 060.jpg
    fillers 060.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,347
  • fillers 059.jpg
    fillers 059.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,340
  • fillers 057.jpg
    fillers 057.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,353
  • fillers 062.jpg
    fillers 062.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,347
  • fillers 063.jpg
    fillers 063.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,339
Yeah, you did an excellent job! The paint on it is so beautiful. Nice work there. Patience and confidence in yourself really paid off big time for you. I really admire the work put into it. Congrats.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Look great! Can you post some pics of how they meet in the center?

When I had my car painted last summer, the body shop joined the G Body fiberglass rear fillers at the center so they are now one piece. :)

Fit is great, and looks better than stock! :D

Hi,
Mine look like the crap I painted them with,turning dull as we speak. But then,the original paint is about shot too. As a matter of fact, the whole car looks like crap. It runs good though.I did the motor, then ran out of cash. Can someone loan me a dime? Just kidding, but it is embarassing to go to a buick club meet and have the crappiest looking car there. I'll get over it....

that looks great! mine are starting to sag going to have to try those out... i noticed in one of thes pics ur rear tires... those look pretty wide, what size r they if u dont mind me asking?

that looks great! mine are starting to sag going to have to try those out... i noticed in one of thes pics ur rear tires... those look pretty wide, what size r they if u dont mind me asking?

Pics are kinda of misleading. They are not super wide as the pic shows. They are 245/50-16 about 9.5 inches wide. The thread pattern is what makes them look like that. They are a discontinued Goodyear F-1 series tire.

Hi,
Mine look like the crap I painted them with,turning dull as we speak. But then,the original paint is about shot too. As a matter of fact, the whole car looks like crap. It runs good though.I did the motor, then ran out of cash. Can someone loan me a dime? Just kidding, but it is embarassing to go to a buick club meet and have the crappiest looking car there. I'll get over it....

Hey, man, don't feel that way....at least you OWN a T-Type, that's a big deal in itself. And it's still fast and coveted by a LOT of people....you've got one fast machine there....so, don't worry about the paint. Big fricken deal, you just appreciate what you have, that cool T-Type. Have any idea how many other people just WISH they could have one but can't?

Somewhere on this forum is a picture of my '69 Vette. But the photos make the car look BETTER than what it is in reality. The paint on that thing is horrible, but I couldn't give a crap. At least I HAVE my Vette! And for over 28 years! Today I got a bill in the mail that's $601!!!!!!! That's just ONE bill. I've got to pay it Monday. After my wife's birthday dinner date tomorrow plus her gifts, I'm "outa money." That's the way it goes. Money comes, money goes. As a matter of fact, it goes so fast that I can't even remember who's on the one dollar bill, let alone a hundred dollar bill.

So, count your blessings. You've GOT a fast T-Type. You might get it painted before you die, as I'm trying to get my Grand National on the road before I die....I'm so grateful I have it, but I just hope I live long enough to finish all the work I've still got to do to it. At least I go out in the garage every night and just sit in it, making turbo noises after I eat beans.:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National

87NAT, just a beautiful job there. Real beautiful. I'm so envious. Very, very nice job. Glad for you. That thing is PREMO!!!:biggrin:

Bruce '87 Grand National

A few pics outside today. As you can see they blend in well.

Attachments

• nat 069 (800x466).jpg
    nat 069 (800x466).jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 856
  • nat 070 (800x502).jpg
    nat 070 (800x502).jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 868
  • nat 068 (800x485).jpg
    nat 068 (800x485).jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 852
They look great. Planning on getting them over the winter. Thanks for the info.

Peter

Your car looks great.... I need rear fillers to, I think i will get new front and rear and be done with it.. For now....:biggrin:

Joined in the middle

Nick Micale said:
When I had my car painted last summer, the body shop joined the G Body fiberglass rear fillers at the center so they are now one piece.

Nick, do you have pictures?