buick VS Ford shootout?

Originally posted by XRated
Keep an eye on www.okbuicks.com the date should be posted as soon as it's scheduled.

Of course thats for the Oklahoma event,(which is a great one) there is also a Texas event Buick vs Ford, put on by The Lone Star Performance Buick Club!

For info check out www.lspbc.org

Texas event Buick vs Ford, put on by The Lone Star Performance Buick Club!

Keep me updated on this one, I'll try to make it down there for it.

Thanks!

Don't count on there being a Buick/Ford Shootout in Texas this year. Due to extremely unreasonable conditions set by the Texas Motorplex, the annual club race (not a Shootout) was moved to River City Raceway (San Antonio, April 28). This was arranged very recently, and keeps this event at a 1/4-mile track in Texas. I haven't heard anything about plans to find a venue/date for the Shootut.

Art

Originally posted by SNEAKY
is hallsville near long view A 1/4 MILE TRACK?

Yes and from what I here, a downhill one at that :)

I think Adi already contacted them and I think they wanted as much as the motorplex.

Not to mention Hallsville is a bit lacking in the shutdown area. Coming in for a landing there from 164+ would not be much fun. You'd need a chute and both feet on the brakes.

while I am not sure of the truth of this - I heard that they have added to the shut down...

*note* this could be BS -

I also read on another forum that the cones at Hallsville were 'off' and that the 1000ft' cone was at 1300ft... thus making the 1300ft somewhere near 1600ft out... this could explain some of the problems people were having -- I liked Hallsville - but then again... I will race anywhere :)

along the same notes I seen where .headsupreview. was doing a few tests of some of the southwestern tracks and the results were.. umm... interesting...

Winsett

elvis was scared of purple sheets

Originally posted by JayC
Not to mention Hallsville is a bit lacking in the shutdown area. Coming in for a landing there from 164+ would not be much fun. You'd need a chute and both feet on the brakes.

Can't say much for the Pit area either unless you like sand!:D