Buick versus Ford Event in Noble. Date of October 11, 2014, confirmed yesterday by the track.

I'm planning on attending but am wanting to reach out to someone running this. I've got a hexacopter or as everyone would say drone, that I plan on bringing, and would like to get some aerial video of the event. Would the event staff have any problems with this? Please PM me if you need further details. If allowed, I'll put the video up on youtube or facebook.

Steve
I tried to contact you on facebook. I have not gotten a reply from the track yet. Go ahead and plan on bringing it. If I don't have an answer soon, we will talk to track officials on race day to see where and when they will allow it.

hey its bones it looks like i wont make it this year i found out 2 weeks ago my turbo is seized up so i ordered a new ceramic ball bearing turbo from prescion it was ordered 10 days ago i call everyday to ask where it is and they say they are waiting on parts that need to be made so i am screwed i will not be there so kick some butt and i will be there next year come hell or high water maybe get it together before season is over to make some passes sorry for the inconvience

Yep! Glad you did that 2 block burnout for all of us oldtimers. Sure took care of our mosquito problem.:D

You coming to Noble?

Unfortunately I will be taking the family to Disneyworld on the day of the event. I am making it a point to come out next year.

hey its bones it looks like i wont make it this year i found out 2 weeks ago my turbo is seized up so i ordered a new ceramic ball bearing turbo from prescion it was ordered 10 days ago i call everyday to ask where it is and they say they are waiting on parts that need to be made so i am screwed i will not be there so kick some butt and i will be there next year come hell or high water maybe get it together before season is over to make some passes sorry for the inconvience

We'll miss you and your car and no apologies are necessary. At your power level, lot of things break.

Maybe someone with lots of stroke can push it through in time.

Phil Engle

Unfortunately I will be taking the family to Disneyworld on the day of the event. I am making it a point to come out next year.

Hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip. Kids grow up and leave home and, after that, you can race all you want to.

Is there a flyer that gets made for this event? If there is I would like to know how early it gets made up. Just thinking about for team Buick side because although we are fast, we are few.
If I had a flyer for the event I think I could get some more racers for the event. I think that there is a lot of people with these cars that don't know about the event. I love this event and have been going for
years even with my T down for 7 of those years. I would really like to get the word out in K.C. area. If there isn't maybe I can get one made up. I just really love this event and would like to see it grow. See everybody in 6 days!

We've had 228 posts and nearly 14,000 views so far this year. Last year there were over 500 posts and over 30,000 views but that includes the after the race posts. You can look at the other races in the National Racing Events threads and you'll see how much interest there is in this race.

IMO the push for the Buick side should come from the young bulls in OKC. I think a large majority of the old bulls would just like to come, race their cars and then watch the rest of the races.
Phil Engle

Well I would like to get a copy for the 2015 shootout. Maybe make up about 100 flyers. There needs to be more participation on Buick side IMO.

Fast86gn, what time are you guys arriving at Rubys Friday?

We should be pulling in there around 4 or 5 o'clock. Leaving DFW around noon stopping at Love's in Denton and then on to Purcell. What are you pulling with?

We should be pulling in there around 4 or 5 o'clock. Leaving DFW around noon stopping at Love's in Denton and then on to Purcell. What are you pulling with?
White 04 Silverado extended cab, I should be there about 3 or so...

Cool. We'll be in the black Rainier pulling my son's 87 GN. Maybe bringing the Sky Redline since my GN will not be ready in time. If the wife will allow? lol

Well I would like to get a copy for the 2015 shootout. Maybe make up about 100 flyers. There needs to be more participation on Buick side IMO.
Flyer is posted in multiple places. Please get with me earlier next year and I will be happy to get some in your hands!

shootout flyer 2014.jpg

I will have to get next years Flyer for 2015. I would like to start being more active in getting racers to come down. I just wished I was closer because that is one
of the problems I come across. I just find it sad that I know over a dozen turbo owners that don't come to event and they have know idea the fun they are missing
out on. I hope we have a strong enough team to put Ford in their place this year.