Buick versus Ford Event at Noble - Oct 12th 2013

Quik Six

Buick vs. Ford shoot-out is back!!

The Team Buick vs Team Ford will be held October 12, 2013 at Thunder Valley Raceway Park, Noble, Oklahoma. The Promoter of this Event will be Blake Murdock, a long time Ford racer and
participant in this Event many times. The track, TVRP, is now under new management and want very much to see us return and are excited to see this rivalry return. Rules will remain the same and Blake will be putting his staff together for this undertaking. He has my support as an advisor and a race participant and I would hope all of you that like to participate would make plans to support his efforts. Anyone wishing to help directly in the process can contact Blake on his cell at: 405 200 3227 . Feel free to give moral support to him also. We have eleven months to field our Team and should encourage all those eligible to join us. Dick Walker

I appreciate the support of the local Buick club and the support of turbobuick.com. Would not, and could not do this without the support of Dick Walker. Wanted to let everyone know that car entry will be $30 and $10 for spectators. One of my fondest memories of the event was trying my hardest to throw Dick off his game at the line. "Hope you took your meds today old man", "did you take your Imodium and Geritol today", "don't fall asleep on that pillow in the staging lanes, etc." Good times indeed. My favorite race of the whole year. I hope tons of you will come enjoy the day with us all. Anyway, any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me. I am an email and text kind of guy, but don't hesitate to call if it is urgent. Thanks for the support guys and gals. Blake Murdock: lilthumpert70@aol.com , cell:405-200-3227

Update as of 09/27/13:
Since this website is on the flyer, thought I would post here. Been getting an unusual amount of calls about Friday night test and tune, and if someone needs to be in a Ford club or Buick club to attend Friday test n tune or Saturday's event. Everyone is invited to Friday night test n tune. All makes, imports, etc. It doesn't matter, it's a normal Friday night open to everyone, there may just be an unusually large amount of Buicks and Fords. Saturday's event: Basically every GM product is invited except for Chevrolet. As stated, Chevrolet is not allowed to participate in the Saturday event because it would turn into a Chevy vs Ford event and would turn the event away from it's original purpose, which was originally designed to get all the cool Buicks to a race!!! But by all means, if you have a cool chevy, bring your car so everyone can check it out! Just because you drive a chevy doesn't mean you can't bring the family and enjoy WATCHING one of the coolest events of the year :) Hopefully this will clear the air for the new participants.

Mr. Moderator: Would you please convert this thread to a "Sticky"? We had nearly 10,000 views for 2012 event.

Thank you.

Phil Engle

Is this Blake the Snake Murdock.. ha ha.. John Nguyen here - I can advise on race logistics if needed (mostly around how to get racers through the lanes during eliminations) shoot me an email. Although very influential and responsible for the club for the last 1/2 of it's life, I don't believe Dick was the "founder" necessarily. Steve and Kathy Emberton ran the club for the first decade almost. I wasn't around to know who actually started up the shootout.

By the way Blake, "I might have something for you, pick your Cobra to race."

All my vacation already scheduled for 2013, but if date stays oct 12th that's my longchange and will be there and my dads car will be there too(12.0 et) I will be watching for updates and hope it happens

All my vacation already scheduled for 2013, but if date stays oct 12th that's my longchange and will be there and my dads car will be there too(12.0 et) I will be watching for updates and hope it happens

The date is set for the 12th. See you then.

Oh yes, I can't leave out Steve and Kathy. Good people that have always been good sports putting up with all of my smack talking! But yes John, I have you signed up for helping in the lanes during finals. Would like to have most of the original crew helping. Todd Ferguson, etc... Still would like Matt Hamilton and the regular crew in the tower if they would like. Have something for me huh? Not sure how much racing, if any, I will be able to do, but may have a 2013 twin turbo automatic mustang out there...hint, hint.

Oh yes, I can't leave out Steve and Kathy. Good people that have always been good sports putting up with all of my smack talking! But yes John, I have you signed up for helping in the lanes during finals. Would like to have most of the original crew helping. Todd Ferguson, etc... Still would like Matt Hamilton and the regular crew in the tower if they would like. Have something for me huh? Not sure how much racing, if any, I will be able to do, but may have a 2013 twin turbo automatic mustang out there...hint, hint.
Well if you're lucky and I get the car together this year you'll get to see the first draw through Buick bust a few suprises out.:D Been trying for 4 years to get it back together and this year just might be the one so I can come up and have some fun.;)

I am very much looking forward to supporting this event next year. Thank you for getting it started up and going again!

Blake, I won't be available in the lanes but will try to find my write up to give you some ideas.

Commitment List for 2013 Buick versus Ford Shootout at Noble

NE Jim Rasmussen
OK Dick Walker
OK Ken Beatty
OK Phil Engle
TX Tim Wendeberg

Great thanks for bringing it back to where the race belongs. If all goes well ..... I would like to finally compete in this next one.

The event is definitely on and we need to have as many cars as we can so we can win the event. Will Kirsten drive your dad's car?

Congratulations on the TAI win at the NATS.

I want to put on a "State Pride" challenge to you and James Kiddy. You'd represent Texas, James would represent Arkansas and I'd represent Oklahoma and I'll come up with some kind of plaque for lowest ET among us. Only rule will be 93/alky for fuel. Was going to add Jim Rasmussen of Nebraska but his car is now set up for TSM so he'd probably leave us in the dust.:)

2013 Commitment List

AR JAMES KIDDY
NE JIM RASMUSSEN
NE JOHN PLOG
OK BUTCH DEACON
OK DAN MEADOR
OK DICK WALKER
OK EDIE HOOPER
OK KEN BEATTY
OK LARRY EADS
OK LEON BOELTE
OK MONTE HOLLINGSWORTH
OK PHIL ENGLE
OK RANDY THOMPSON
OK RICHARD WALKER
OK TRACY HOOPER
OK WILLIAM AVILLA
TX BONES HAYHURST
TX CARL BRIMER
TX DAVID NEWTON
TX KIRSTEN WENDEBERG
TX TIM WENDEBERG
TX WILL BARNES

Go ahead and add Bones Hayhurst to the list, I told him a few months back that this was cancelled for 2012 and I thought he was going to turn into the Incredible Hulk. If the sun rises that morning, I'm sure he will be there.

Go ahead and add Bones Hayhurst to the list, I told him a few months back that this was cancelled for 2012 and I thought he was going to turn into the Incredible Hulk. If the sun rises that morning, I'm sure he will be there.

Thanks for sending that post. Tells me that the people who have been to one of these Shootout's really had a great time.