Buick Restoration Shop

baadgn

I put up some pics of my car in my own thread. but i wanted to let everyone know about the shop that does all my bodywork and paint "Pats Auto Care" in EastWindsor CT. Miguel is the shop owner, He bought the shop about 2 years ago. Miguel has been doing bodywork for 35 years, even knows the lost art of lead work. After working for other people, he decide to open this shop with his son Jr.The 2 of them personally do all the work on the cars, Miguel has been in to buicks since buying his first one in 1986. He KNOWS how these cars are supposed to be/look, perfection is his game and he is good at it. I have put up some pics to give you an idea of the work that is being done at the shop. Currantly he is working on 3 buicks including mine but if you notice there is three more waiting to be slotted most ot these cars will be full blown restorations Miguel can be seen marking all the imporfections on the burgandy one before dissasembly. I posted this because these cars are getting older and rarer. So before bringing it to some place that is just in it for the money to get painted give Miguel a call. He pours his heart into the job and it shows when he is workin on it its his car not sombody elses

P.s Look at the lines on the mustang!! and the factory drip edge was Removed for a smooth look !!

Pats Phone Number is 860 627-9270

Attachments

• the shop pics 212.jpg
    the shop pics 212.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 1,002
  • the shop pics 213.jpg
    the shop pics 213.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,013
  • the shop pics 214.jpg
    the shop pics 214.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 996
  • the shop pics 216.jpg
    the shop pics 216.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,022
  • the shop pics 217.jpg
    the shop pics 217.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,009
more pics

some more

Attachments

• the shop pics 218.jpg
    the shop pics 218.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,011
  • the shop pics 222.jpg
    the shop pics 222.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 988
  • the shop pics 223.jpg
    the shop pics 223.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 997
  • the shop pics 224.jpg
    the shop pics 224.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 991
  • the shop pics 225.jpg
    the shop pics 225.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 987
and some more

and some more

Attachments

• the shop pics 226.jpg
    the shop pics 226.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 980
  • the shop pics 227.jpg
    the shop pics 227.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 975
  • the shop pics 228.jpg
    the shop pics 228.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 976
  • the shop pics 229.jpg
    the shop pics 229.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 980
  • the shop pics 230.jpg
    the shop pics 230.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 984
last couple

last ones

Attachments

• the shop pics 231.jpg
    the shop pics 231.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 967
  • the shop pics 234.jpg
    the shop pics 234.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 990
hello people; I'am going to keep him in mind as I need BW myself. But has anyone noticed there seems to be alot of top people in Conn. with the TB.
I think they made a deal with the devil.
IBBY

I mentioned the same damn thing the other day! Whats going on up there with them and the Turbo Buick? They want the fastest and the cleanest huh!
Good For Them, I wonder how much would it cost to ship my car that way. :)

Looks like very good work!!! More pictures please....:D

Highly recommended! Miguel and son did a once over on my GN earlier this year. Hood, header panel, bumpers, fillers and a couple of other parts. Extra care taken to match the paint. Done on time, done right. Even had them buff out my all black Hemi Dodge Ram this summer.

Tony, car is coming along nicely!

Funny story on the maroon car he is working on. Have a friend who garages his 33 Dodge street rod at this place near his house. Was there with him over the summer and look over a couple bays and see the silouette of a G body car. Lo and behold it is a Turbo Regal. While waiting in the driveway to enter the get together at Miguels shop a couple weeks ago, this very car pulls in behind me. Turns out it is the same car garaged where my friends street rod is. Got to meet the owner finally! Nice car and going to be even nicer when Miguel is done with it.

Just took another trophy at the LocTite show in Rocky Hill this past weekend. 300 cars and only 15 trophies. Like to think Miguel had something to do with that.:D

Okay, which one you guys in the New England area going into the car hauling business? Shipping cost from Bama to Conn.:D

it will be worth the trip not only dealing with a guy who know's the in and outs of these car(miguel and son)but will be getting a first class job.as an added bonus best time of year apples are out and the weather is perfect for these cars,except mine is getting done (burgandy car)now can't wait till it's done.jim

Looks like some nice work. What is the average price range for a decent paint job there?

I'm sure a full blown resto will be more, just curious about a ballpark idea...

Ballpark guestimate

Hey Louis--

I'm also curious for a ball park estimate on a paint job. Too bad you guys aren't in Houston, Texas.