Buick RaceDay 2008 Summit Raceway Park

I guess I just don't like change. The car show is a nice event and now with this limted market you are going to distract from it by having qualifing at a different location at the exact same time? As all I see coming out of this is a poor turn out for both of these events.

The Qualifying will be probably around 3 to 4 PM, so folks that want to show their race cars can do both, they will have the leave th show a little early, but that won't preclude them from showing their cars earlier in the day, I don't think this will be detrimental to the show, and may pull in some more spectators on Sunday, as they will get to see some really fast Buicks on Saturday afternoon. That is what we hope will happen, having some Qualifying runs on Saturday afternoon was an idea the track had, as well as some requests from the faster cars to get some extra track time, if they can't make it on Friday, we feel this is a win-win deal for all!

This year better be nice. I can't wait to run my new combo.:biggrin: I don't want to go out there just to have my car washed by Mother Nature.

I agree, praying for good weather, doesn't work either, but we can try our best. It's not up to us, we do our best.

TTT
Where's all the pre-entries?? Form can be downloaded and printed and sent in from the link in my sig. The pre-entry money makes the payouts bigger and better, come on folks, most of you are only a few hours and a few gallons away, from the best Buick Race around these parts of the world. Let's get with it!

I have heard from a few people that want to race that they didnt get a pre-entry form in the mail like before and alot of them dont want to get on the computer to register.I quess its easier for them to fill it out and send it back rather than get on the computer and some may not have interenet access.Just what I have heard from a few people that usually race every year.

TTT
Where's all the pre-entries?? Form can be downloaded and printed and sent in from the link in my sig. The pre-entry money makes the payouts bigger and better, come on folks, most of you are only a few hours and a few gallons away, from the best Buick Race around these parts of the world. Let's get with it!

>>> Roberta,

Mine is going out over the weekend and you should have it next week.

The JCC crew is looking to Norwalk and thank you for your efforts of putting it on for us.

For some reason I cant download the pre-entry form but I can download the race day flyer.Is it my computer or the link??????????????

New this year:
Saturday May 31,
Quick 16 and TSM/TSO Qualifying Runs During Time Trials at Summit Raceway Park
11 AM –4PM -$30 Regular Race Program at 5 PM all welcome!

I assume the qualifying for TSO/TSM is still set for Sat. Sounds like a great idea to get some runs and show the locals what the Buicks can do. :biggrin:

>>> Roberta,

Mine is going out over the weekend and you should have it next week.

The JCC crew is looking to Norwalk and thank you for your efforts of putting it on for us.

Hi Rich, can't wait to see you all again! Thanks and see you soon!

Are the race classes going to be like last year? TSM, TSO, Q16, V6, V8

Yes, and Ladies Race.
MAY 30, 2008

FRIDAY:
Gates Open: 9:00 AM Adult Spectator/Crew: $12

Car & Driver: $30 Children 12 & under: Free

Vendors and Swap Meet: $30 (Includes 10’ x 20’ space and admission for 2 adults}\

Time Trials all day

Q16 Lane 1 Assign permanent lanes for the weekend.

Turbo Street Outlaw(TSO) Lane 2 (Heads up Pro-tree), Turbo Street Machine(TSM)(Heads up Pro-tree) Lane 3 and Buick Competition Open(BCO), Lane 4(only Friday)
Buick Competition Open(BCO), Qualifying Runs, 10:30 AM, 11:30 AM, Run at Noon
$10 - collected in rear of staging, 80% pay back

All Race – Gamblers at 2:00 PM
$10 – collected in rear of staging, 80% pay back

May 31, 2008

SATURDAY:
All Buick Car Show, Arbys, Norwalk, 11AM-3PM, 12 classes, Best of Show, door prizes and plaques. $10/Car, Spectators Free, Peer Judged, awards at 3PM

Qualifying runs, during test and tune, for TSM, TSO, Quick 16 at Summit Motorsports Park, 1:00 pm and 3:00 PM, pay $30 at track to race, or for just Qualifying only $15

Dinner Buffet, $20/person, Norwalk Eagles, 7:00 PM, must be pre-paid by May 31st

18th Annual
BUICK RACE DAY 2008
June 1, 2008

SUNDAY:
Gates Open: 8:30AM Adult Spectator/Crew: $12
Pre-entry entrance left lane at gate, if possible
Car & Driver: $40 Children 12 & under: Free

Vendors and Swap Meet: $30 (Includes 10’ x 20’ space and admission for 2 adults)

Quick 16 sponsored by Toth Buick Lane 1: Race entry fee + $10 (This fee will be collected in the staging lanes.)

Time Trials: 9:00 AM

Ladies Race(Buick Powered ONLY): $10 Entry
- Will sign up in staging lanes.
- Will have 1 time trial at 10:00 AM
- 1st round will race at 11A.M
- Return immediately to staging will run round robin.

2 Qualifying Sessions for TSM(lane 3, heads up), TSO(lane 2, heads up) , Q16(lane 1) 10:00 AM, & 11:00AM
- Q16 Participants must make at least 1 qualifying session.
- Q16 $10 fee must be paid by the 2nd qualifying session.
- Eliminations 1st Round Noon, Q16 first, allow approximately 45 minutes between rounds
- All non-qualifiers, 1st round losers can enter appropriate Challenge Race
- Delay Boxes allowed only in Q16.

Eliminations: Noon, Q16, TSO, TSM

V6 Buick Challenge Race start time to be determined day of race

V8 Buick Challenge Race sponsored by Finish Line Motorsports start time to be determined day of race

Snap-on Tools 2nd Chance Race, Sponsored by Marty Green: $10 – collected in rear of staging. 1st round losers and Q16 non-qualifiers are eligible Payback is 80%.

One lane will be reserved for running Time Trials all day

Roberta, I still have my trailer loaded up with used stage 2 parts from BG. I see swap meet spaces are $30.00 for a 10 x 20' space. My trailer is 30' long so my question is , do you have a place I can park my truck with a 30' trailer hooked up??? And what would it cost me per day ,or a 3-day pass??
Just trying to make some kind of decision what to do!!! Thanks Mike:cool:

Roberta, I see that TSM will have qualifying on Friday, Sat, and Sunday? Is this correct? Trying to plan my trip up there.

Roberta, I still have my trailer loaded up with used stage 2 parts from BG. I see swap meet spaces are $30.00 for a 10 x 20' space. My trailer is 30' long so my question is , do you have a place I can park my truck with a 30' trailer hooked up??? And what would it cost me per day ,or a 3-day pass??
Just trying to make some kind of decision what to do!!! Thanks Mike:cool:

Yes, we have room for you, probably we can make do for you with 2 spots. but we don't have the track for Saturday, we do most everything but some qualifying runs at Arbys. car show. If you want to stay at the track for Saturday, I would suggest you call the track and let them know, at 419-668-5555, talk to Debra Sue, tell her you will be there for the Buick Race and they will let you know what you will have to do! See you soon.

ready

loaded and ready for tomarrow.no turning back now.

Attachments

• ready to race.jpg
    ready to race.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 384