Buick 350 w/carbed turbo?

techg8

I have a Buick 350 that I am considering setting up with a carbed turbo from a 301 pontiac.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Anyone tried it?

I would need some sort of adapter for the intake.

Is the turbo just too small?

I have seen his kits. I also heard that he is no longer making them.

That Log style of exhaust manifold is what I plan to make for the passenger side. Stock exhaust manifold on the drivers side.

But I dont want to go with a blow thru setup. Ive got the 301 turbo setup and thought it would be neat to see what it could do.

If the turbo is too small - then what, it runs out of boost at some point? Its too restrictive to let the engine rpm?

You could modify the 301 turbo with larger wheels which would flow much better but I think Adam would be right about the size being to small.

I also have an Ebay GT45 turbo that I used in a blow thru setup before. Think I could adapt it to a draw thru setup?

It could be adapted but it won't have the right seal on the intake side so it'll suck oil on deceleration.

If a 301 turbo setup can produce lets just say 7.5 psi (~1/2 atm) on a 301cid engine, then that corresponds to about 1.5x its NA amount of air correct? or 450in^3

If that is the case, then on a 350cid engine that 450in^3 of air is 1.3x the NA amount of air. call it 30% more for simplicitys sake.

14.7psi/3=4.9psi

So If I am thinking about this correctly the 301 turbo setup should be able to boost the 350 to about 5 lbs.

does my reasoning stand to logic?