Broke

That peice doesnt have gears on it,but there are spline that are most likely stripped of damaged from the broken sprag race.It appears that the low sprag broke and broke the race,stripped the splines.

Close otto. Low roller inner race failed took out the roller clutch, low center support. This does not happen often seen a few times in many years. Most common on fast foot brake car or stageright car with hundreds of passes.

That peice doesnt have gears on it,but there are spline that are most likely stripped of damaged from the broken sprag race.It appears that the low sprag broke and broke the race,stripped the splines.

I agree

Close otto. Low roller inner race failed took out the roller clutch, low center support. This does not happen often seen a few times in many years. Most common on fast foot brake car or stageright car with hundreds of passes.

Ya,I wasnt sure what broke first.In 20 yaers I have yet to see this first hand

Would the Vigilanti 2800 have anything to do with this. Or maybe a badly programed chip.
They got it fixed and it shifts a lot smoother. Anyone want to buy the Vigilanti?

Excessive loading of the low roller assembly. Could have happened from one occurrence or, more likely, many adding up.

A torque converter with a high torque multiplication factor would load the low roller assembly more on take off.

DonWG, your saying maybe I mismatched the stall with the tranny.

No. The low roller is highly loaded in any high performance combination. Like quickt stated, catastrophic failure of the low roller is not very common. You, my friend, got the luck of the draw. Fix it and chances are very high that you will not have a repeat failure, unless something in your driving habits is helping to shorten the life of the low roller.

This does not happen often seen a few times in many years. Most common on fast foot brake car or stageright car with hundreds of passes.