Broadband and Online speed test

using mcafee

File Size: 600.005 KB
Time Elapsed: 3.165 seconds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.481 Mbps
(189.58 KBps)

cox cable internet

using #45

Time Elapsed: 1.828 seconds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.564 Mbps
(328.23 KBps)

Roadrunner

Sully

Using #45....

File Size...2.9297 MB.

Time Elapsed...4.466 Seconds

Speed 5.248 Mbps

(671.74 KBps)

Optonline..(Cable)

lol...:D I deleted mine also...Now people will really be Like WTF...These guys talking about...:p

Using 45 Mcafee

Time Elapsed: 0.17 seconds

27.574 Mbps
(3.447 MBps)

comcast cable.

tuned by me

YEEEHAAAA

Originally posted by musclecar neal
Using 45 Mcafee

Time Elapsed: 0.17 seconds

27.574 Mbps
(3.447 MBps)

comcast cable.

tuned by me

YEEEHAAAA

Looks like your File size is a little Flawed...To have That Elapsed time....:confused: :p

no thats a real test. This connection is not stock. tuned by me and a friend from comcast. super fast connection.

file size is correct. I know its hard to believe but its true.

Someone said earlier that if the first file is downloaded in less than a second...it automatically downloads a bigger File...It would not give you results for a 600kb filesize..Like mine..Thats why I keep getting Results for a 3mb Filesize......

Good speed none the Less....

using mcafee

File Size: 150.005 KB
Time Elapsed: 1.031 seconds

1.137 Mbps
(145.49 KBps)

Musclecar Neal,

Do you have an aftemarket software program for Cox cable? I am using an internet tweaking program from Germany, but I'm not even close to your speed. Like a VW Beetle and a GN racing!:D

Drew

Unlike what some people may think, you can't actually modify your cable connection on most networks. Comcast uses an AT&T provisioning system to load a configuration file onto the modem during it's initialization cycle. This file is encrypted by the CMTS and sent to the modem based on it's MAC address. This file also determines the maximum speed the modem will operate at. It is determined by the account package and cannot be manually changed by anyone in local markets, it can only be manually changed by the AT&T Network Operations Center. Anyone who does not have a standard configuration file will be caught during a system audit, their account information polled, and the proper configuration file assigned. If the modem does not accept the config file, the account is blocked. You may wish to be very careful when trying to "hack" an HSD account otherwise you may have a nasty e-mail from the Abuse team in your Inbox.

Can anyone guess who I work for?

Time Elapsed: 3.816 seconds

1.228 Mbps
(157.23 KBps)

Bellsouth DSL
That's pretty much the same as on that last test.

Watching to see if anyone has that satellite dish setup, I'm curious to see how that does. Can't get a cable setup here. :(

no cut and paste. If you don't know the facts don't point fingers.

THAT WAS A TRUE TEST WITH TRUE RESULTS

I am not going to say how we do it as the man from AT&T has already posted in this thread. He knows what we have done. Not stock modem, non stock config. I guess we are going to go back to the stock mode . don't want my friend that works for at&t in hot water.

that is exactly what the test said on the screen. so if they did the math wrong call mcafee. this was a true test and that is exactly what was on the screen. sorry you are slower. and sorry the test downloaded something it said it could not but that is 100% true.

remember nothing is perfect and this test proves that

Time Elapsed: 0.501 seconds

9.356 Mbps
(1.17 MBps)

This is at school (OUHSC). Supposed to be fiber optic that goes through Cox.

Kev :)

Originally posted by musclecar neal
that is exactly what the test said on the screen. so if they did the math wrong call mcafee. this was a true test and that is exactly what was on the screen. sorry you are slower. and sorry the test downloaded something it said it could not but that is 100% true.

remember nothing is perfect and this test proves that

Why be sorry about anyone being slower...Most people have All the Bandwidth they will ever really USE.....Sure..I can download over 8Mbps on some speed tests...But how often do you see that in real downloading situations......Lets see a speedtest on a Big file,With a sustained rate...Who Is going to upload to you at 27Mbps...Just about nobody...So As far as People being Slower...Maybe in a speedtest...But In real life...Your connection or mine is rarely used to its potential...And is really no better than anyone on here that is pushing 3000/300..

Probably the biggest thing the speed helps with would be pings if your a gamer....;)

Just out of curiosity...Try this test.....http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cable,opt At the top of the page you will see a link that says...ool speedtest....Just open it,Dont save it...It's a 64Mb file...Im curious to see what speeds people here can pull off of there....Just look at the speed it says its downloading at,It wont tell you in the end a certain speed..

File Size: 150.005 KB
Time Elapsed: 3.85 seconds

311.68 Kbps
(38.96 KBps)

SBC Yahoo ADSL

sure would like to know how to hotwire this thing