BRISTOL- Vote for a Sept. 08 Date!

Vote For TurboBuick.com Nationals 08 Event Date!

• Sept 4-6 (Labor Day Weekend)

Votes: 35 46.1%
  • Sept 11-13

Votes: 35 46.1%
  • I am not going either way.

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
I have been in contact with Bristol RaceWay. The two open dates for us to have a NATIONAL EVENT are Sept 4-6 (Labor Day Weekend) or Sept 11-13!
Please only vote if you are really considering going.

I would also like to announce in this thread that Brian Weaver at GBodyParts.com is the major sponsor for the event. He and I will be splitting the cost for the event. Thanks Brian for stepping up!

We plan to have a 3 day event running TSM, TSO, a TFS/TSS class, Super 16, and a few other fun classes so everyone can compete.

We have numerous details to work out but we need to go ahead and secure a date as nothing is open in Oct. Only other options are in the heat of the summer or April.....

At this point the event will be open to all TurboBuick's. V8swaps welcome!

We will need a lot of help promoting and running the event. We will be open to suggestions and all help will be appreciated. We figure if we come even close to breaking even we will have done good. We are not a club or anything like that. We hope to do a few events during the year but this will probably be the first.

So please vote and let us know what you think about the 08 TurboBuick.com Nationals sponsored by Gbodyparts.com!

voted for labor day weekend--it's already a 3 day weekend.
Thanks for arranging this Shane!

Geoff

I voted for the second weekend...due to fact the BPG runs an event at E-town labor day weekend..at thats in my back yard...never been to Bristol and seeing as my car will be up and running next/this year would like to try and attend assume you would be running a B1 B2 type class

Labor day week end gets my vote. One extra week is not going to change the weather. Plus the 3 day weekend will help lots.

Labor day week end gets my vote. One extra week is not going to change the weather. Plus the 3 day weekend will help lots.

Exactly, the three days would work out real good. Make it at least a three day event and BIGGGGGG thanks for putting this together Bristol is AWESOME!!!!!

Labor day weekend is good,IMO the etown event kinda sucks.
They run all kinds of other races on the same day and it kinda maylay and you dont get many runs in.

So a Buick specific event IMO would be better and more racer friendly

I am voting as it looks like I may have a Stage 2 Buick powered WS6:biggrin:

:cool:
Labor day...but 11, 12 I would go.
but their should be an option on the poll that says either weekend so you know at least how many people are interested.

I also voted for the weekend after labor mainly because of the E-town event and Rich's custom BBQ that same weekend. I would love to have this event in April though as it would be a great season opener and not to hot and no conflict with any other races.

Thanks guys for trying to get this going. Shane you really do love these cars I must say...:D

I 'think' labor day is sept 1st? I apologize in advance if i'm wrong.

FRB: K.8 Federal Reserve Statistical Release, 2007-2011

So this would be a thursday, friday and saturday event?

The buicks and bristol events years ago were awesome. I voted 11-13 but would try my best to do either weekend if it truely wasnt labor day weekend. April would be great too, would be an amazing way to start the season.

Big thanks to Shane and Brian for putting this together.

THANKS for the input guys. Keep it coming. I got to secure the date asap. We will do everything we can to make this the best it can possibly be!

If I understand this correctly: this is a turbo only event, or will the V-8 gang be invited to come and play as well???

I 'think' labor day is sept 1st? I apologize in advance if i'm wrong.

FRB: K.8 Federal Reserve Statistical Release, 2007-2011

So this would be a thursday, friday and saturday event?

The buicks and bristol events years ago were awesome. I voted 11-13 but would try my best to do either weekend if it truely wasnt labor day weekend. April would be great too, would be an amazing way to start the season.

Big thanks to Shane and Brian for putting this together.

Calendar - USA - 2008
Yep, Labor day 2008 will be on the 1st from what I see too.

Just talked to Loyd Bonecutter, that handles the Chicagoland Buick event in Sept. For 2008, he is trying to get the weekend of the 20th. They are dodging the Notre Dame home games so there would be hotels available.

Sooo, if those are the ONLY 2 choices, I would go with Labor Day weekend as well. That way we get a break before going to Chicagoland event.

I would also agree that you should have a choice of EITHER day so you know whichever you choose how many can make it. HAVING to choose one over the other when it might not matter to some kinda throws off your numbers.

Could always do it end of Nov, we could stop by on the way to FL for the PRI show :)

I voted for the second weekend...due to fact the BPG runs an event at E-town labor day weekend..at thats in my back yard...never been to Bristol and seeing as my car will be up and running next/this year would like to try and attend assume you would be running a B1 B2 type class

Sean, the BPG has nothing to do with Buick Performance Weekend at Englishtown. We (the Northeast GS/GN Club) are the responsible (?) parties behind that event. That said, I hope that.... #1) V-8s are welcome and B) It is held the 11th -13th so I and some of my Northeast compadres can attend. We'll be spending Labor Day Weekend at Englishtown, from now until eternity, hopefully.

I voted the weekend after labor day, because the company I work for will not pay you for labor day if you do not go to work on that friday or tuesday. Saturday would be the only day i could make it:(

I say keep away from Labor day, there is too much traffic on the roads already and for people that are going to travel from a distance is going to be a PIA and turn off. Keep the events away from major holidays.

Will there be hotels available on Labor Day weekend? If so, the hotel prices will be gouged.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

This may have already been answered but is it a Buick only event or is it going to be a BOP event like it used to be. It would bring in alot more people and $$ if it is a BOP event. Mama said you will make more friends if you share your toys!!;)