Brian Hofer Trannys!!!

Royal-T-Ltd

well i bought a tranny some time ago from Brian and finally,on my B-day [May 31st] i found some time to install the tranny..... just in the nick of time as i was going to run the HOT ROD POWER TOUR as a LONG HAULER:eek: :cool: and was driving to Cleveland on June 1st. Well i had my Torque Convertor cut, flushed and inspected [just as a precaution], flushed the tranny lines, and installed a new tranny cooler. i know it wasnt the most conventional method of break-in but i was riding on faith, prayer and a new AAA membership:redface: :tongue: ...LOL. i followed all of Brian's break in procedures to a "T" and drove for the 1st time to gas station and immediately following to Cleveland, Ohio; Kalamazoo, Michigan; Racine, Wisconsin; Springfield, Illinois; Evansville, Indiana; Memphis, Tennessee; and Little Rock, Arkansas - & finally back to St. Louis, Missouri - the tranny ran flawlessly - nice firm shifts and for once a good lock up.... i was very impressed. I finally have a Good tranny....they say third times a charm :mad: ...[my other two were over priced Adi Glatz rebuilds...but thats another story] dont wanna take away from the point of this post. Brian is a GREAT vendor and his customer service is 2nd to NONE....even when i had some questions about TV adjustments [late SATURDAY ]- Brian still returned my phone call :smile:

Brian Hofer trannys

I also have a Brian Hofer tranny and i love it!!! nice to hear that you done the long haul. A buddy of mine "Bill Howell" drives a Pro-Touring 66' GTO convertible, silver & red. He just got back and now we are getting my GN ready for Pink's at Bristol on July 20-21. Enjoy the trans! Scot w.

I can't add much to that except that I now have almost 600 passes (mid to low 10's) & mine is still going strong.

Glad to hear that you made it back safe and sound. Thanks for the tip about Brian and his transmissions.

Happy customer here to!! No problems whatsoever.

You said Adi Glatz....I bought my GN from him. His tranny guy wouldn't give me the time of day, so I gave him no money.:rolleyes:

600 passes! This tranny will now emphasise everything else I need to upgrade on the GN!!

Gee thanks Brian!:biggrin:

I have one too, not installed yet, but I can't wait to see how it does... Brian is a super nice guy and knows his stuff!

:redface: :redface: :redface:

Thanks to all you guys for the kind words. This means more to me than you will ever know!:smile:

Glad to hear the trip was a good one Aaron!

It was great being able to meet Scot, John & family, and Shane at the Nat`s this year.

And Dan... This guys an animal. Thanks for your help!!!

Jolly460, I do not think I heard back from you. No news is good news!:wink:

See you Saturday Jeff... I look forward to meeting you.

Brian Hofer

Been beating the hell out of my Hofer trans, over 30+ 20 psi t brake launches and still going strong...

keep up the great work Brian !!

Royal-T--Your car (if that's your car in your Avatar) looks like mine. "Camel" (GM hyperbole for beige) colored? Beige interior? BTW, I'm in Lebanon, MO--might be in St Louis at a job interview at the end of June sometime, if I pass the first interview in Springfield.
I also have a Brian Hofer transmission--just installed and past the break-in point. I've made some good runs, but haven't been to the track yet. My last trans snapped the input shaft at WOT with the Vigilante 5-clutch locked up--hit 3rd gear and pow! Four neutrals and park. Now at least it's back on the road. It's heartening to read all the good stuff about Brian's transmissions.
Keith

Wow I Just Found This Post..

I Would Also Like To Add That Brian Has Been Great To Deal With. I Just Got My Full Billet Brian Hofer Trans In With The Electric Brake.. Great Price, Great Product, Great Service And Great Help Over The Phone. I'll Keep Everyone Updated Once I'm Done The Break In Period. So Far Its Perfect!! Thanks Again Brian!!

Brain has awesome customer service, even calls out of the blue to check on me
thanks again bud..

here is a spy photo i found of Mr. Hofer

brian%20tinman%202.jpg

Brian Hoffer

Brian Is The Tranny Man.
He Builds Tough Trannys At Reasonable Prices.
I Have Two Of His Trannys Now.
Nothing But Good Things To Say About Brian.
Good Guy, Great Service!
Keep Up The Good Work Brian.
Jason
Affordablegn

ditto

just wanted to say that i have had several transactions with brian hofer and really appreciate his helpfulness. he's gone the extra mile (literally too :p ).
bw jones

brians great!!!!

just wanted to say that i have one,haven't installed yet but can't wait after seeing all the great responses... brian is a great guy and has always given me a great deal on parts i've bought from him and everything has always been as described or better...just wanted to give him some props....joel

After 3 trannys I had built in my home town over the last 12 years... his tranny works 100 times better than the other ones I had. Brian is the man!

just wanted to say that i have one,haven't installed yet but can't wait after seeing all the great responses... brian is a great guy and has always given me a great deal on parts i've bought from him and everything has always been as described or better...just wanted to give him some props....joel

Joel,
Yours is THE first unit that I had ever sent out!:smile:
I just hope it has been stored well all these years!!!!! :p
Glad to see you are getting ready to get your car going.

Brian

After 3 trannys I had built in my home town over the last 12 years... his tranny works 100 times better than the other ones I had. Brian is the man!

100 times better? :eek: That sounds like a bit of a stretch! :rolleyes:
I could see 97.5 times better!:tongue:

Brian

Brian Rocks at trans building, this is my fourth trans since i built my new engine, and is the only one to last past 500 miles, actually it has gone 5000 miles in 95* weather, with hard beating the whole time, with no sign of it giving up, hey the fluid is even still pink!!! These are second to none at a very reasonable price, and is an awesome guy to work with, when i start building my next Turbo Buick, it will DEFINITELY have another of Brian's trans builds in it!!! I have never heard anything but good stuff about his transmissions, heavily recommended!!!
by the way Brian, do you happen to build 4L60Es, my brother need to get one built!
,Dan

Since My Last Post I Have Driven My Car To Syracuse Ny From Worcester Mass, 580 Miles Round Trip. And I Just Got Back From Oxford Me. And Raced The Car For The First Time With The New Tranny.. I Couldn't Be More Happy With The Tranny From Brian. I Got Alot Of Compliments On The Pan Too!! Thanks Again Brian!!