Brian H??

stk6bngr

Has anyone heard from or seen Brian H on the forums lately?? He is hard to get a hold of now a days......

Hopefully he is well and busy with money paying customers not expecting perfection from an imperfect world.

Kevin.

If you check his profile he logged in tonight after 7pm. You are not the only one looking for him. Dont think he is a vendor here anymore though. His name is no longer blue...

Brian Hoffer

PM sent. I am not going to air this out here even though I have the right too.
Bryan

Returned PM
I sent you an even better story than yours!!!
I am also holding out for hope and not posting his troubles!!!
Not yet anyway!!!

Brian Hoffer

Nullrout-Not sure about what happened with you guys...but I may be in similar boat...
Sending PM
I have received several PM's with people having troubles with Brian Hoffer.
It sounds like things with Brian have gone south.
He has two of my trannys and no replies.
Keep the posts and pm's coming.
Brian, if your out there, let us know what is going on.
Everyone stay tuned!!!

Weird to hear this??? I got 2 tranny's from him & when one broke a sun shell it was fixed FREE Plus a Trans Brake installed for parts cost??
This was about 4-5 years ago. met him twice in Detroit. Nice enuf guy??

Brian Hoffer

Just a Six?? Weird to hear this??? I got 2 tranny's from him & when one broke a sun shell it was fixed FREE Plus a Trans Brake installed for parts cost??
This was about 4-5 years ago. met him twice in Detroit. Nice enuf guy??
I think things have just recently gone bad. I am not sure how or why, but from the PM's that I am receiving I know something is up. I know for a fact that Brian doesn't even build the trannys but is just the "middle man". I hope that he is doing alright and makes it right for the Buick community.

Anyone else have any recent bad dealing with Brian Hoffer???

I know for a fact that Brian doesn't even build the trannys but is just the "middle man". I hope that he is doing alright and makes it right for the Buick community.

Wow, was wondering when someone would post that

Me and another local guy have had bad dealings with Brian. I stayed quiet for the longest time about it but I would never in my life send a dime to the guy.

i had the same suspisons about him not actually building the trannies after I called him about a trans that he installed in a car I wanted to buy. The seller took his car to Brian for a built trans. Brian installed it and the seller paid Brian. I still have paperwork on this actually.

Brian told me it was his 10 second build after I told him I was planning to install a stage 2 and wanted to know how well the "Built" trans actually was.

Well a month later it shattered the insides after a simple acceleration on a 4 lane highway in the middle of Chicago. It left me and my 9 month pregnant girlfriend stranded for hours on our way to the Midwest Meet. This was with a 109 and 8 lbs of boost.

I called Brian to tell him and he said it was just a stock rebuild.

Then after opening up the trans and finding that the wear parts were still original and nothing was new. I called him on it and he said that some other shop actually built the trans and he doesnt know what they did.

I brought this up publicly and got the PM beat down from him saying none of it ever happened. I emailed him every conversation we had ever had and he didnt have anything else to say but requested I never brought it up again or else he was going to get me banned from the board.

Another Chicago area member had almost the exact same thing happen and Brian blamed it on another shop that "actually" built the trans and said he wouldnt help him out. I'll let him post the situation if he would like to.

Stick with one of the known good tranny guys like Lonnie and you know your good to go.

i have to stand up for brian at least with my dealings.....ive bought many parts from him talked to him for hours on the phone and never had a bad dealing with him as of yet....very good person parts always as described always willing to help out....most of my dealings with him were a few years ago but i dont imagine he has gone bad......i did try to contact him recently and it was hard to get a hold of him....for what its worth..............joel

I think things have just recently gone bad. I am not sure how or why, but from the PM's that I am receiving I know something is up. I know for a fact that Brian doesn't even build the trannys but is just the "middle man". I hope that he is doing alright and makes it right for the Buick community.

Anyone else have any recent bad dealing with Brian Hoffer???

Brian not building his own tranny's is news to me but certainly explains alot. Has he always had someone else build his transmissions? I would not hold your breath waiting for him to make anything right, hell I would have been dead already. I chalked it up to "another" life lesson learned. He will not get another chance to burn me.

Bryan

Brian Hoffer

Brian not building his own tranny's is news to me but certainly explains alot. Has he always had someone else build his transmissions? I would not hold your breath waiting for him to make anything right, hell I would have been dead already. I chalked it up to "another" life lesson learned. He will not get another chance to burn me.
I know for a fact the he has never built his own trannys. It sounds to me like his original tranny builder has quit and the new one is not doing such a great job. He might even be trying to build the trannys himself now? Just a thought??? I am still hoping he makes it right with me but agree holding my breath would not be a good idea!!!

I have bought 5 transmissions from Brian including the one in my car that runs 9.30's. I have sent several other customers his way & all have been taken care of. Have you guys called him? I can't speak for him but things do come up in life. Maybe he had a bad deal or two with a not so easy to please buick owner? I sure hope not because I value his involvement with our cars-not sure if anyone else has 200-4r's lasting at 9.30's.

Wonder if it has anything to do with this?

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/transmission-talk/318256-brian-hofer-transs.html