Brakes to the floor !

TurboSkunk15

Was taking my GN to my mechanic to get the oil leak fixed and the car lost brakes had to stomp the pedal to the floor and it still barely stopped the car. Brake light came on. Fluid was a little low topped it off didn't have any effect. I'm waiting on word from my mechanic now. Kind of frustrated def a scary experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the powermaster sticky for help diagnosing your issue

^^^X2 because if it is a Powermaster unit chances are your mechanic won't know much about it, unless he's familiar with these cars.

He's good and has worked on Gns plus found my oil leaks my timing chain cover, and valve covers rear main was miraculously not leaking and found the belt tensioner snapped in two. Yah,

The factory belt tensioners are discontinued. There was a limited number made again for the fellows here which later appeared on eBay. I just checked eBay and didn't see any currently. Maybe try completed auctions. I think you can weld the ear back on assuming that is what broke. Might be a good time to go vacuum or hydroboost.

Or contact nos4gn as they are coming out with a brand new powérmaster unit.

The factory belt tensioners are discontinued. There was a limited number made again for the fellows here which later appeared on eBay. I just checked eBay and didn't see any currently. Maybe try completed auctions. I think you can weld the ear back on assuming that is what broke. Might be a good time to go vacuum or hydroboost.
Wow the news keeps getting better, I think that might be the end of the road for me with this car. Thanks for the info.

It was the timing chain
Tensioner not the belt tensioner sorry was aggravated yesterday and not thnkng clearly

How many miles are on the car? Might be time to do the chain anyway. Check out TA Performance website. These cars require time and money just like any old car. Its worth it though when its running right. Hang in there!

How many miles are on the car? Might be time to do the chain anyway. Check out TA Performance website. These cars require time and money just like any old car. Its worth it though when its running right. Hang in there!
She has 120k definitely doing the timing chain my only issue is time I can have the car take up my mechanics shop while I wait for parts to be shipped.

I've had old cars my whole life and dealt with many things so i do get it , but our cars seems so temperamental. I do love the car, Right now I'm trying to get a good idea what she's worth then when I get her back ill make up my mind.
Thnx

You can do overnight shipping if needed. Costs more but if you keep the car its worth it.

Timing chain is a double roller and looks brand new. We compared to a new one same slack etc... Going to leave it in.
Did find out she needs a water pump and God knows what the brakes will need. However the motor is very clean inside. At least the leaks are addressed im sure I'll still see oil but at least the big leaks will be gone. Feeling less like setting her ablaze today