Brakes on my 15s or try get 16s made for wilwoods

Detomaso71

I did search button, and I have had several TBs already

Current question is on GN 87 model
400-500 HP
Want to upgrade brakes to Baer or wilwoods but want to keep 15 inch wheels

The Baers I am told are weak in the 12 inch which will for my car, the 13s sometimes fit with modified spindle and need to do a template?

I prefer 6 piston wilwoods but I can not find anyone making aluminum 16 inch GN wheels and I don't want GNX wheels on my GN as I already have one of those

I asked Brian already
No plans for 16s

So either what's the absolute best system on a 15 inch stock wheel without spacers or anyone know if the guys making 15s would do 16s for maybe 1.5 X cost or less?
I'm sure there would be a markup

Thx
Wordy question but trying keep it kinda stock looking

You might want to try some ebc or other pads that fit current setup. Some very aggressive materials can help out with small rotors. You could try different pads and shoes and call it done. Perfect surfaces and proper break in can make a huge difference.

I only suggest this due to wheel constraints in your case. Bigger rotors will always have more potential.

Just my opinion, I have installed Baer front systems on a few GN's with stock wheels including my 550 HP street car, and the limiting stopping factor is the tire traction which then comes into play.

Braking is much better with the Baer system, and it is not necessary to mess with the stock prop valve or change it.

Larger diameter wheels/tires require more braking/clamping force than smaller diameter ones, so there larger rotors and calipers are needed.

It ends up stopping distance is about equal with 15" and 16" systems.

You want a rear thrill, try a panic stop in a GN with 20" wheels and stock brakes! :)

Just my opinion, I have installed Baer front systems on a few GN's with stock wheels including my 550 HP street car, and the limiting stopping factor is the tire traction which then comes into play.

Braking is much better with the Baer system, and it is not necessary to mess with the stock prop valve or change it.

Larger diameter wheels/tires require more braking/clamping force than smaller diameter ones, so there larger rotors and calipers are needed.

It ends up stopping distance is about equal with 15" and 16" systems.

You want a rear thrill, try a panic stop in a GN with 20" wheels and stock brakes! :)

Thx!
I may get the Baers then

I had my panic 2012 at BG and my buddy forgot to tighten the nits on the bolts that held front pads in my aerospace brakes
Had no brakes at almost 140
Bolts fell out when launched I guess
Pumped and pumped brakes and Pistons of caliper thankfully hit rotors
Brakes started working but did end up in grass
No skimping on the brakes here!
Also do it myself or double check others now

Check the psi at the caliper. You may be surprised at how low it is......Need a min of 1200.
My HB w/ the stock size rotors, will smoke a set of pads. had lo psi issues w/8" dual diaphram. Went to HB, adj prop.. Psi to begine was in the mid 800's. After, 2100 if I needed it.

I don't know about stock wheels, but you can download the templates for Baer & Wilwood online. That's what I did and measured about 10 times just to be sure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The Wilwood 6 piston calipers are a lower profile than the 4 piston & it's a 12" rotor

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk