Aluminum repop wheel questions along with brakes

shocker998md

Alright guys I'm needing some input so I don't shoot myself in the foot later on. Bone stock 87 gn in the wheel and brake and suspension department. My steel chrome wheels are shot and I'm looking at replacing them with 15x7 up front and 15x8 out back with the aluminum repop wheels that are out there. My car has been on jack stands for a long time and I don't think i will be able to get away with just turning the rotors and bleeding the brakes when I get to it. So heres my few questions.
1. with the 15x7s up front would I be able to get away with swapping to the blazer brake set up? I would like to get a little more performance out of my brakes when I dig into it, but I'm not auto crossing it or anything like that. Ive swapped to a vacuum booster years ago. I would also like to put new moog springs in the front so I will get a slight drop with the blazer swap from what I've read and some of the moog springs could drop me another inch.
2. since I'm wanting to lower it a smidge I'm guessing I should go with the 7 wide vs the 8? I know out back I want an 8 because eventually Id like to lower the rear an inch or so and I know it would be a nightmare with the 10 wides.

With staying with the 15s and I completely loosing any brake upgrade possibility? I really like the look of the GN wheel on a GN. If it was a T type id go with bigger wheels and brakes but since it is what it is id like to stay with a more factory look but not have to deal with chrome pitting and rusting again.Am I missing anything or can I go ahead and order wheels? I don't want to make a costly mistake so figured id come here and ask. Thanks guys.