brake upgrade? benefits?

chin_dude

I've seen some postings about brake conversions ie) Camaro w/1le code something like that. Anyways If a swapping to larger brakes, would it be benefical to convert to a vaccum system instead of the powermaster. Does anyone know of a list of parts that can be found in wrecking yards? And for anyone who has done a brake upgrade using GM parts, how much of an improvement did you get with the larger rotor etc...
Thanks in advance

For a parts list check out Global West's website or Hotchkis.
I have the 12" spindles and Hotchkis control arms.
I used spindles from a early 80's Cadillac full size.
I got the control arms and misc. pieces (including wrong spindles) from someone else who never installed them, but they also came with new rotors. They were the B-body rotors so the bolt pattern was wrong but I had them re-drilled for $45 each. Cheaper than new or 1LE rotors.
I used the larger mastercylinder from an 80's Impala (any B-Body with 12" brakes should work).
How does it work?
With the sticky Nitto tires I use and the Eibach springs, it will stop on a dime and feels great with no fade or lockup.
I can stop faster than my brothers vette (it does need a little brake tuneup however) and it is probably the best stopping car I have driven including those with ABS.
Just my .02 but definitely worth every penny.
If you need anything else just shoot me an e-mail