boy, am I sick of talking to douche bags!

GNFURY

wooooshhhhhhhhh
I work at a car lot, and I AM SIKK of people trying to trade in, or talk about cars that don't have the slightest idea of what they are talking about.

"It's a 93 z-28, its got over 9000 bucks in mods done to it!
It's got the corvette aluminum 2.02 fuelie heads on it, k&n,
b&m ripper, 3.42 gears, new rack, alternator, plugs and wires
(cars NEED those things dumb a$$) oil change, clutch,
(jesus christ) and twin turbos with NOS"

now I'm standing right over the guys car looking at the motor, he knows damn well that there are no turbos anywhere on the damn car, no nitrous solenoids anywhere, you've got to be kiddin me. And then to top it all off, they always say "its runs mid 10's" or 11's or some dumb crap like that. No matter what you say though, they are always right. It kills me.

"my neon has a fart can and 30 lbs. of stickers, it ran low
11's until I addes the 3ft. tall wing, now I'm hittin low 10's"

I hate these morons. just had to vent.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, it is a sensitive situation because you can't run off a potential customer. Sometime, word association works well in situations like this. Designate a word that seems harmless and apply a new meaning to it for yourself. For example, "wow" to you can mean "Did your parents have any children that lived?" and so on. Get other salespeople in on the joke and then you can have a good snicker without blowing a deal. Too bad you can't ask them to drive by with it since they couldn't produce the car and would be too embarrassed to come back.

Originally posted by bandwidthpolice
Designate a word that seems harmless and apply a new meaning to it for yourself. For example, "wow" to you can mean "Did your parents have any children that lived?"

A very helpful technique that I mastered long ago, and use on a daily basis. Great advice. Read it, know it, live it:)

i do that all the time. normally, I gather my salesmen around and promote a discussion that basically makes everybody on my lot laugh. Yesterday, I actually had a guy come through with a 94 cavalier 4dr. claiming that it ran 12's all day. When I asked him what was done with it, he just rattled off ported and polished heads, k&n, ported and polished heads (he said it like 4 times)

I would be fired in a heartbeat because I could never keep my mouth shut.....

"Where's the Vornado, man? You can't have a fast car without a Vornado..... Oh, and if you put big horseshoe magnets on the decklid and the hood simultaneously, you're fargin' car will actually spin into the air like a helicopter once you achieve 30 mph driving in a circle in reverse! No, I'm not chittin' you!"

Be careful....you can actually get dumber standing next to these guys too long...:p

I often answer those type by saying: yeah, lots of people have 10 second cars until they get to the track.

Originally posted by dhauser
Be careful....you can actually get dumber standing next to these guys too long...:p

LMAO

That's nuthin man.

One time I had a guy swear up and down that a GNX was a twin turbo 350 that was all wheel drive that only came with a 5 speed manual transmission. It also ran mid 9's off the showroom floor on radials.

To all the douche bags out there this bud's for you:D ,

Ryan

Originally posted by GNFURY
"It's a 93 z-28, its got over 9000 bucks in mods done to it!
It's got the corvette aluminum 2.02 fuelie heads on it, k&n,
b&m ripper, 3.42 gears, new rack, alternator, plugs and wires
(cars NEED those things dumb a$$) oil change, clutch,
(jesus christ) and twin turbos with NOS"

Why didn't you ask him to show you the turbos and nitrous solenoids?

Originally posted by dhauser

"Where's the Vornado, man? You can't have a fast car without a Vornado..... Oh, and if you put big horseshoe magnets on the decklid and the hood simultaneously, you're fargin' car will actually spin into the air like a helicopter once you achieve 30 mph driving in a circle in reverse! No, I'm not chittin' you!"

Vornado:D

I think you should get in the car, rip a nasty butt burp, get out and walk away. Then change the name of your lot to "TypeR motors" and put motors really small under Type R. EVERYONE will want your advertising sticker on their car. It'll make it faster!