? bout LS1 MAFs

BlackBuick84

What's a turbo?
When upgrading from the stock MAF, is it better to find a stock LS1 MAF or will other ones work just as well? ie SLP or Granatelli(sp?). I'd think the aftermarket versions would be a little better right?
And whats the diff. between the LS1 an LT1 mafs? Arent the LS1s .5 inches larger and have a smoother idle than the LT1s?

Originally posted by BlackBuick84
When upgrading from the stock MAF, is it better to find a stock LS1 MAF or will other ones work just as well? ie SLP or Granatelli(sp?). I'd think the aftermarket versions would be a little better right?
And whats the diff. between the LS1 an LT1 mafs? Arent the LS1s .5 inches larger and have a smoother idle than the LT1s?

Just use a stock one.
The translator is set up based on the stock airflows. Using a miss match of parts likely won't work.

The frequency to air flow conversion rates are different between the two.

The LS1 ones do have a greater airflow potential then the LT1s.

The aftermarket MAFs are what all the Vette, Camaro, and Firebird guys upgrade to. This leaves us a lot of good stockers out there for a reasonable price. You can usually pick one up on a F-body board pretty cheap.

Later
John

Re: Re: ? bout LS1 MAFs

Originally posted by bruce
Just use a stock one.
The translator is set up based on the stock airflows. Using a miss match of parts likely won't work.
I didnt even think bout that...good point. Thanks for the help guys....I can find MAFs for pretty cheap, just need to locate the right priced translator.