Bought a new Cobra.

'03/'04 Cobras aren't having any problems keeping up with LS1's, in fact, they're as far out on LS1's as LS1's were on the previous generation Cobras. GM had to turbocharge a V6 to keep from getting their butt kicked by 5.0's in the mid-late '80's, you obviously have no problem with that.

oooo, burn!

Anyways, yeah, that's like the kids at school telling me to take off my turbo and race them =0.

Congrats on the new car, Sean. I know you'll enjoy it. :)

Originally posted by blackshoebox
...(nitrous is a bolt on)....

LOL. Why am I not surprised at this one? A Vortech blower on my car would this be considered a "bolt-on" too, using this philosophy.

Ya.

Keep this civil or it will get closed quickly.

LOL x2.

Hey Jr, is your car running yet? Got any track times? Missed ya down in Bradenton back in March. You should have stopped by and said hi. Really!

well of course we had to put a turbo on a V-6!! duh. is that any different than SPRAYING 150 extra h.p. into a V-8? in the end, when you're somewhat close in power, it comes down to traction on the bottom end and gearing on the top end. i love my gn, but i also love the sound and feel of banging a V-8 6 speed through the gears, whether it be a cobra, ls1 camaro, vette', whatever. i had more respect for my buddy's ls1 camaro until recently. i would always get him out of the hole, then he would blow by me in 4th gear. now, with my race chip, and locking the convertor at 85 mph, along with the the drag radials, i feel confident that i will smoke him. he told me that he ran a 13.2xx at atco two times, and said he had a "bad start" both times. my best was a 13.31 with the old injectors and chip. they were the weak link in my combo. the car feels like it is about to pull the front wheels with the 94 chip, if i launch right and don't smoke the dr's alll the way through first! god only knows what it will do with the race chip, race gas, and real slicks!

My '03 dynoed 446rwhp with cold air kit, pulley, exhaust and reprogrammed chip. Never took it to track, but many claim 120 traps speeds with similar combo. The car was scary fast for an old man, but definately hard to get out of the hole......and I have read of half shaft problems when you run slicks with the above combo. A few blown motors here and there too....the Cobras don't have knock sensors like the buicks......and it seems the motor generally self destructs from detonation, rather than just blowing a head gasket, like a GN.

Anyway, I loved the car, but was just too uncomfortable for a daily driver.

My guess is that car has a Kenne Bell Blower on it. The stock blower is good until 460HP at the wheels. At least that is what I have read on the Mustang Boards.

He has just bought a " Blowzilla" It is not on the car yet,because he is still cleaning up on the street fron people who think the car could only run a 10.80-11.0 check out the vid on www.smallblockposse.net , Again ''STOCK EATON BLOWER!!!!" w pulley

My guess is that car has a Kenne Bell Blower on it. The stock blower is good until 460HP at the wheels. At least that is what I have read on the Mustang Boards.

He has just bought a " Blowzilla" It is not on the car yet,because he is still cleaning up on the street fron people who think the car could only run a 10.80-11.0 check out the vid on www.smallblockposse.net , Again ''STOCK EATON BLOWER!!!!" w pulley

What kind of gear? Stock weight? Whatever he is doing that is very impressive.

Originally posted by Bob Cosby
A Vortech blower on my car would this be considered a "bolt-on" too, using this philosophy.

...and it would still be slow. ;)

LOL x2.

Hey Jr, is your car running yet? Got any track times? Missed ya down in Bradenton back in March. You should have stopped by and said hi. Really!

The car still runs 11.8@117. :rolleyes: But I would be interested in 1000 dollar race with you, heads up, hoods shut. :D

Sure. I've been down to Florida twice in the past 2 years, haven't seen you either time. You're "calling me out", so haul it up here and we'll have a go. Hoods closed. And no worries....it will be "still slow". As far as you know.

Sure. I've been down to Florida twice in the past 2 years, haven't seen you either time. You're "calling me out", so haul it up here and we'll have a go. Hoods closed. And no worries....it will be "still slow". As far as you know.

Sorry I have missed you Bob. I don't follow Ford races on a regular basis. You surprised? :p

I do remember asking you to let me know if you were going to be down here, after you "renigged" on our original race we set up, some time ago.

I will be in Reynolds, Georgia in early November, for a Buick race. If you are interested, it would be close to us meeting half way. Event usually has good air, good track conditions, sea level, etc..

Oh ya, I'm not worried.:cool: :eek:

Ya Alex, you scare me terribly. If you ever get your car running I might think about being scared....in the wife's 3000 GT.

Sorry you didn't show up at Bradenton. Throw out all the excuses you want (such as "you didn't remind me"). I was in your ballpark (twice), time for you to come to mine. I have called your bluff Junior, your turn now. No, I'm not going to Reynolds for a Buick race. Sorry.

BTW...will your car be running by November? How long have you been at it THIS time? Dimes to dollars says it doesn't get out of the mid 11s (once it runs again).

Ya Alex, you scare me terribly. If you ever get your car running I might think about being scared....in the wife's 3000 GT.

Sorry you didn't show up at Bradenton. Throw out all the excuses you want (such as "you didn't remind me"). I was in your ballpark (twice), time for you to come to mine. I have called your bluff Junior, your turn now. No, I'm not going to Reynolds for a Buick race. Sorry.

BTW...will your car be running by November? How long have you been at it THIS time? Dimes to dollars says it doesn't get out of the mid 11s (once it runs again).

This ends here. :)

Email me if you feel the need to waste more of my time.

This ends here. :)

Email me if you feel the need to waste more of my time.

If the moderator of this Forum or the Administrator of this site asks/tells me to cut it out, I will do so. You are not either.

I am quite curious. Is your car running again? Last I remember, it was going to be done by mid November (of last year), and you were going to be at Bradenton (racing) in March. Did that happen? I can link the quotes, if you like. Are you going to make Bowling Green in a couple of weeks? That's my favorite track.

Update, please.

Midlife crisis..............:p :p :p :p

See the Buick member stopped the nonsense......Whats that saying ...Going Fast ........:D

Oh! Oh! Oh! Mr Kotter! Mr Kotter! I know! I know!

Going fast.....with gas! ya ya, that's it - GAS!

Dang your good ,Lets try another one

Dumb...........

Did ya get that one!!!;) :rolleyes: :p