Bored @ work just some ideas

Nope...Im toying around with the idea of converting an Edelbrock Performer intake into an EFI intake and putting it on my 4.1. (To solve the intake issue with the Hot Air and Carb cars ) So I sent some ideas out to a few places to get some prices, I've also been bugging the hell out Charlie and lurking in the Hot Air forum to get a better idea of how things work and seeing some of the other out of box thinkers are doing things....That's how I work on things I dont understand. I read,research,ask, and repeat 10x :D

Is there a problem iwth Kinsler ? To be honest they were the ONLY ones to get back to me?

Also Is there any real issues with having to have a water outlet towards rear of a vehicle?

well the problem is people taking this seriously.

with the amount of aftermarket EFI stuff for the buick, its hard to get people to commit to a clean sheet start on something that really doesnt need it.

Nuthing wrong with Kinsler, just that your paying triple for the work just for a name. I will see if I can get the email addresses to the guys I use.

As for water at the back of the block,

no issues for a street engine.

but for race engine, particularly turbocharged will suffer, as this reduces the flow over the exhaust valves. Only applys to gen1 bolt location heads.

A.j.

well the problem is people taking this seriously.

with the amount of aftermarket EFI stuff for the buick, its hard to get people to commit to a clean sheet start on something that really doesnt need it.

Nuthing wrong with Kinsler, just that your paying triple for the work just for a name. I will see if I can get the email addresses to the guys I use.

As for water at the back of the block,

no issues for a street engine.

but for race engine, particularly turbocharged will suffer, as this reduces the flow over the exhaust valves. Only applys to gen1 bolt location heads.

A.j.

I felt as much, the Hot Rod Solutions folks web site said it was around $500 dollars, but, thatzs why I shop and round and ask and research...I been burned alot in my 20's messing around with cars (Thank God for Magnums and penicilin!! :eek: ) so I learned a little something something
Haha
I'd appreciate the help asking around though for real!

Im not racing my car..I will go to the track to try it out a couple times though (I mean I have to...it's like an obligation! ) So the water thing own't be an issue at all?! Cool...Im a look and see if I can find one of those intakes for the cheap..I recall Charlie I think it was saying that it was a "shorter" distance for the fuel travel? Is the flow better? 1,000 questions but hopefully my little bit of experimenting can help some folks out some. Just wish I had the brain/skills to do this sh@t myself!

I felt as much, the Hot Rod Solutions folks web site said it was around $500 dollars, but, thatzs why I shop and round and ask and research...I been burned alot in my 20's messing around with cars (Thank God for Magnums and penicilin!! :eek: ) so I learned a little something something
Haha
I'd appreciate the help asking around though for real!

Im not racing my car..I will go to the track to try it out a couple times though (I mean I have to...it's like an obligation! ) So the water thing own't be an issue at all?! Cool...Im a look and see if I can find one of those intakes for the cheap..I recall Charlie I think it was saying that it was a "shorter" distance for the fuel travel? Is the flow better? 1,000 questions but hopefully my little bit of experimenting can help some folks out some. Just wish I had the brain/skills to do this sh@t myself!

Ok, I can get you your bungs welded and installed in your intake for 250, but rails are up to you. I can give you a buddys email, does good work. decent turn around.

well the water is not a big issue, you wont being putting enough pressure on it to see any major effect.

A.j.

Ok, I can get you your bungs welded and installed in your intake for 250, but rails are up to you. I can give you a buddys email, does good work. decent turn around.

well the water is not a big issue, you wont being putting enough pressure on it to see any major effect.

A.j.

Awesome!! As for the rails I can buy those seperate and send them to him as well? I guess I should holler at him and figure out the particulars huh?! Thanks for the plug Doc....it's appreciated go ahead and shoot me his email

Now I was just at a yard and scrounging around looking for an older V6 and saw tons of the earlier intakes..
Can't remember which was which (they all look alike to me except 4 the Caddy) I think if the intake bolts will line up then one could theoreticly (?) just swap the throttle body over to the other end right?
I mean, it's aluminum..

I like your idea!

E

Now I was just at a yard and scrounging around looking for an older V6 and saw tons of the earlier intakes..
Can't remember which was which (they all look alike to me except 4 the Caddy) I think if the intake bolts will line up then one could theoreticly (?) just swap the throttle body over to the other end right?
I mean, it's aluminum..

I like your idea!

E

Thanks!! Im not as technical as Charlie and AJ but I think outside the box every blue moon! :wink: