Bootable USB Drives for Direct Scan

SixOn66

Finally A Racing Member
I just made some USB drives that will boot to FreeDos and run Direct Scan. This will be for XP users that cant read the parallel port. Read the thread/poll I started Here

128MB = $20.00 + Shipping

512MB = $30.00 + Shipping

Shipping should not cost that much since the are small and light.

Please make sure that you computer BIOS will allow you to boot from the USB port.

If anyone would like different sizes letme know and I will look into them. I just did a 1GB for myself. Let me know if there are any questions.

So the laptop boots to FreeDOS on the USB flash drive and runs DS automatically? Then I would assume all runs get saved to the Flash drive, which could then be put in any computer later to review the runs. Sounds like a fantastic option for those with new laptops.

You got it. No need for dual boot, bootable cd, fat partitions, or old laptops. :)

ill take, one, do you accpet paypal

shipping to zip 78370 for the 512mb

When your computer boots up you have to go into the BIOS by hitting 'DEL' or what ever it says and look for boot order and select USB as the first boot device. Find out what brand your BIOS is and I can see if I can help you.

I know as much about Bios as I do Mars. I have a one year old Dell INspiron 600. Does that tell you anything? Sorry for being so dumb.

If your Dell is anything like my LatitudeD800: when it boots up hit F2 when the Dell screen shows up. then hold Alt down and hit P. This should get you to the boot order screen. You want to arrow down to the line that says " USB storage device" hit the U button until it is on the top of the list and hit the space bar to put an arrow netx to it to make it active. Exit and save your settings. You should be good to go.

I accept PayPal

I will be at the Buick Midwest Challenge next week end if some one does not want to pay for shipping.

SixOn66 said:
If your Dell is anything like my LatitudeD800: when it boots up hit F2 when the Dell screen shows up. then hold Alt down and hit P. This should get you to the boot order screen. You want to arrow down to the line that says " USB storage device" hit the U button until it is on the top of the list and hit the space bar to put an arrow netx to it to make it active. Exit and save your settings. You should be good to go.

I accept PayPal

I will be at the Buick Midwest Challenge next week end if some one does not want to pay for shipping.

PM sent! :)

I priced Priority Mail it will be $4.50 anywhere in the country.

I just made some USB drives that will boot to FreeDos and run Direct Scan. This will be for XP users that cant read the parallel port. Read the thread/poll I started Here

128MB = $20.00 + 4.50 Shipping

512MB = $30.00 + 4.50 Shipping

Shipping should not cost that much since the are small and light.

Please make sure that you computer BIOS will allow you to boot from the USB port.

If anyone would like different sizes le tme know and I will look into them. I just did a 1GB for myself. Let me know if there are any questions.

got mine today.. quick shiping thanks.. ill post up and let ya know how it works..
I'll be soo happy to be able to use my new laptop with direct scan. vrs the laptop thats prolly as old as my buick and cant find battiers for.

I got mine yesterday and it works great. No more crappy, old laptop. Remember to go into BIOS (usually F2) and have your computer boot-up via the USB port. It's great. Thanks Mark.
Now I'm waiting for my new laptop stand from Joe Tiano to be delivered and I will be set. No more laptop sliding around the front seat.

Mark did you get any of the 5 emails I sent to you regarding the ttop trim panel? If not, let me know please if you still want it or not. Thanks.