direct scan blues

ngnowner

How fast was it officer?
I had an old laptop laying around, orig. pentium 266 with windows ME (98) so I figured, after reading as many posts as I could that a direct scan setup would work for me. Bought one used from a member here but I can't get it to work right. Cleaned, cleaned, cleaned, and cleaned some more, the ECM pins, tried running DS from boot disk, tried all the different parallel port setting from the bios and all I get is (attached) screwy numbers at idle and as soon as I tap the gas pedal, hardware timeout. My bios port setup options are 1)normal (won't work) 2)bi-directional (won't work) 3) ECP (won't work) 4) EPP (works with screwy #'s at idle only). The connections have been checked several times, at wit's end with this thing, any help would be appreciated. thank you

Attachments

• TEST1.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 39
Try this. It helped get mine to work:

Does you BIOS settings tell you what IO Base address the parallel port is on? It should be something like 0x378, 0x3BC or something like that.

My "new" old laptop didn't work at first. For me, it was the parallel port settings relating to the IO address. Changed to "Enabled" and "0x378" and all was fine.