direct scan and laptop for sale

tb3

elbows & a$$holes
the whole package.

the laptop is a compaq armada and everything works perfect. battery is good and holds charge fine. no dead pixels. laptop has a cd drive and 3.5 floppy drive. both work great. comes with quick restore disk and manuals. other than the direct scan program, there are no other programs installed with the exception of the original windows programs (internet explorer, microsoft word, etc) laptop does have a usb port.
comes with the power supply and the padded carry bag/case that is in perfect conditon. laptop measures 14" wide, and 9.5" deep.

the direct scan interface and serial port cable are not pictured, but will be included, i have not yet removed them from the car.

$250 shipped to the lower 48. paypal or money orders. i'll ship ups so you'll get it quick.

Laptop w/Direct Scan

What information will Direct Scan software provide the user?
What advantages, if any, does your PC/Direct Scan software have when compared to Scanmaster @ scan tool?

everything your ECM is reading and computing is shown on the laptop. (all your sensors, including knock) makes it really nice to see what your doing if you have a chip that allows you to change parimeters (like tt).

has 3 differant realtime displays. including full guage layout, text screen, and a graph layout. you can log your runs and save them to the hard drive.

nothing but advantages when using direct scan compared to a scanmaster, with the exception of... you are carrying around a laptop, of course. it makes things a little easier, imo, if you have a laptop stand like i have (pictured).

direct scan alone looks to be going for around the $100-$150 range right now. This is a really nice laptop and case, so thats why I'm putting the whole deal at $250 shipped.

Looks like a good deal!
I just bought a direct scan and am looking for a compatable laptop.

Let me know if you decide to sell the laptop seperate. I'm interested.

You'd still need a good boost gauge for boost readings. It gives you dang near everything else tho'

Great tool for meaningful tuning and troubleshooting....gets even better if you invest in a wide band O2.

The only downside in my opinion is it does not operate in the Windows environment. Only in DOS mode.

But still...a great tool.

actually meanchicken, it works just fine in the windows envirement. thats all i ever use it in. and on this laptop, i have direct scan loaded in windows, and in dos, so you can use it either way.

turboburick had to back out meanchicken. so i guess its back to the 250 shipped takes the whole thing. sorry.

also, to answer your question mzunino,
no, it does not have boost sensing capabilities, (because your ecm doesn't read boost).

actually meanchicken, it works just fine in the windows envirement. thats all i ever use it in. and on this laptop, i have direct scan loaded in windows, and in dos, so you can use it either way.

turboburick had to back out meanchicken. so i guess its back to the 250 shipped takes the whole thing. sorry.

Thanks tb3.

I guess it might depend on what Window OS you use it in. I tried it in Vista and it went no where. Wouldn't even open.....even when I gave it permission to.

Also...my current laptop does not have the serial port, ...and my wife is not hip to the idea of me using "her" laptop (odd....I bought it...thought it was mine too:wink: ) in my car...so I still need an older tech laptop.

See my PM, I'm still interested in your laptop so let me know if things change again.:biggrin:

You just might have an easier time selling if you split the package. Just a thought:smile: