boost

Tommyg

When should the turbo kick in? I get no boost while brake tourquing. It kiks in at about 20mph. Is this normal?:confused:

My car only builds boost under load i.e., if I rev it in park, I get nothing, but if I power brake it, boost builds, and at about 3 psi, tire start to spin.

Stock size tires.

Might you have an exhaust leak before the turbo? This would keep from spooling your turbo early.

You will not get boost in neutral. You are not doing neutral slams in the car are you?

The way to race these cars is by loading against the brake or transbrake and GO!

If you are doing neutral slams, please sell the car and get a chevy.

You should be able to get boost by "brake torqueing," as you described. How much are you revving the engine? You have to rev it up quite a bit. If it's just a little, you probably won't see much boost.

Hey Tommy hows it going?

Id be willing to bet that you might have a intercooler hose leak, or a exhaust leak.

If you stand on the brake, and brake boost the car, you should be able to get some amount of boost if you have a 3000 rpm stall convertor or higher for that 61 turbo..

Is this the same car that i saw at your house right after hurricane Katrina?

Have you recently installed a larger turbo since i last saw your car?

Take care buddy. :smile:

BW

Hey Brian, yes it's the same car. It's been giving me fits. pm me your phone # and I'll call you as I have lost it. Tommy