Boost gauge

Aztlanahauc

I bought a boost gauge and a A-piller gauge holder. I was wondering if anyone had any good pic of how the routed their plastic tube line :confused: from the engine to the interior of the car.

Thanks.

if you want to preserve your factory driver side pillar and can find another to butcher up that would be the way to go. I installed a boost gauge and alky light into a car pillar gauge holder and pillar and the guy did not care if a hole was drilled or not. If you find another and drilled a hole for the line to route through and connect to your gauge the attach the gauge holder to the pillar it will be hidden then.

Guess What?!

I just came in to look for an answer to the same question. I've routed the tubing in to the car and now find that it appears I have to butcher the original "A" pillar trim piece for the gauge pod to work! That makes no sense. When I ordered the "A" pillar gauge pod I assumed that it was exactly like the original but with "pods" for the gauges. I really don't feel like cutting up the original trim piece and don't want to wait to order another one online.

A bit of frustration venting there. I kind of feel better so I guess I'll go back and give it another shot. There has to be a way of pulling this off.

pillar

Guess What?!

I just came in to look for an answer to the same question. I've routed the tubing in to the car and now find that it appears I have to butcher the original "A" pillar trim piece for the gauge pod to work! That makes no sense. When I ordered the "A" pillar gauge pod I assumed that it was exactly like the original but with "pods" for the gauges. I really don't feel like cutting up the original trim piece and don't want to wait to order another one online.

A bit of frustration venting there. I kind of feel better so I guess I'll go back and give it another shot. There has to be a way of pulling this off.

your speaking of the add on one I assume? Gray in color and made to attach with either double sided tape or a short self tapping screw. Lokar had a replacement pillar that had the either single, dual, or triple gauge pod made in but I heard that it's fit is not a perfect one. If you had a local bone yard you could check on another stock pillar in gray to butcher up to keep your original preserved. Just an idea.

pillar

I have previously rummaged around the wreckers and haven't seen any mid '80's Regals around at all. After returning for round "2" in the garage I came upon a solution. I ended up cutting a slot in the trim piece located between the "A" pillar trim piece and the kick panel trim piece then nestling the tubing/wiring between the dash and "A" pillar and up into the gauge pod trim piece.

Aztlanahauc:

I may have read you're post wrong the first time. If you are asking how to get the tubing/wiring through the firewall I would suggest going through the speedo cable hole, its a good 1-1/2" --- There's lots of room to run all sorts of stuff through. You'll have to remove the clip holding the grommet and then you're clear to go.