boost flutter at wot along with sputtering

try to rev it in neutral(wot), im thinking its still gonna nose over at around 4800, without boost. youre problem is starting to sound more and more like mine!! my car surged and noses over at 5800rpm(no limiter since its an alky chip) i was gonna shift at 6k and thats how i found the limiter that high up. it acts the exact same way your car does, just completely cuts out and wont catch itself until you let off the pedal. i even emailed eric at TT and had him double check to make sure there isnt a limiter on my chip. i think its ignition, its obviously not cam, maf, boost, fuel, or voltage related. hopefuly its the module and you figure it out for both of us :biggrin:

try to rev it in neutral(wot), im thinking its still gonna nose over at around 4800, without boost. youre problem is starting to sound more and more like mine!! my car surged and noses over at 5800rpm(no limiter since its an alky chip) i was gonna shift at 6k and thats how i found the limiter that high up. it acts the exact same way your car does, just completely cuts out and wont catch itself until you let off the pedal. i even emailed eric at TT and had him double check to make sure there isnt a limiter on my chip. i think its ignition, its obviously not cam, maf, boost, fuel, or voltage related. hopefuly its the module and you figure it out for both of us :biggrin:

i can rev it to 5000 in park and it doesnt do it. it is starting to cut out at 3000 now

Did you try the module yet? If not don't report back until then... :p

K.

put a brand new gm coil pack and module on and !!!!!!! you ready guys!!!!!!!! didnt do $hit!!!!:mad: . going to put the old fuel pump in and see if it helps. just put in a reds xp pump a month or so ago. just bought it because i put in a new tank so i figured might as well do it all. it is whining louder than normal like it is straining

put a brand new gm coil pack and module on and !!!!!!! you ready guys!!!!!!!! didnt do $hit!!!!:mad: . going to put the old fuel pump in and see if it helps. just put in a reds xp pump a month or so ago. just bought it because i put in a new tank so i figured might as well do it all. it is whining louder than normal like it is straining

Now your going in the right direction.

Anyone want to bet on the fuel pump? LOL ;)

fuel pressure is fine and yes under 15 psi its fine. even with the wastgate disconnected it just dies at wot at 4800

If your previous statement is true, that would rule out the fuel pump... you DID verify fp is rising exactly 1:1 with boost, rite??? (of course you did, otherwise you would never make such a statement..... :tongue: )

If your previous statement is true, that would rule out the fuel pump... you DID verify fp is rising exactly 1:1 with boost, rite??? (of course you did, otherwise you would never make such a statement..... :tongue: )

yes it is rising but my 02's are low 700's with alky and 17psi of boost with the timing down low a 20 and 18 for testing reasons. maybe i am losing volume not pressure

yes it is rising but my 02's are low 700's with alky and 17psi of boost with the timing down low a 20 and 18 for testing reasons. maybe i am losing volume not pressure

Well, not to argue, but for the sake of this discussion, losing volume - not pressure is not really possible, as it's the excess volume delivered by the pump that actually creates the pressure... so... What I really want to know, is - did you verify the fuel pressure is rising EXACTLY 1 lb per lb of boost (and not falling off at the top) with a gage that you can watch while you give it the boost? So, at 17 psi boost, you are seeing a base (say 43 psi) + 17 psi = SOLID 60 psi ? solid, that is, until it starts bucking and farting.... could it be that the fuel press is falling off CAUSING the mess? THAT is the typical failure mode of the pump..... you need to be able to watch the fp gage close to help with this diagnosis.... the low 700's has me leaning now towards fuel.....

I tested a BRAND new coil/ign module for GNAT87 that he sent me with my Caspers tool. It had a bad tower on it...but it ohmed okay. The ohm test didnt show the issue. Send me your old one and I will tell you for sure if its working or not. PM me Brian.

I tested a BRAND new coil/ign module for GNAT87 that he sent me with my Caspers tool. It had a bad tower on it...but it ohmed okay. The ohm test didnt show the issue. Send me your old one and I will tell you for sure if its working or not. PM me Brian.

Center coil? ;)

How are you recognizing O2 values, scanmaster or? Anyone near you that can hook a Powerlogger up to the car to make a couple files to share with us? Verify wot fuel pressure?

Pull the drivers valve cover and verify the camshaft lobes are still there...

K.

hey thanks for the offer but i had it tested today and it is fine.

How are you recognizing O2 values, scanmaster or? Anyone near you that can hook a Powerlogger up to the car to make a couple files to share with us? Verify wot fuel pressure? i did verify with the scanmaster and the fuel pressure is 1 to 1

Pull the drivers valve cover and verify the camshaft lobes are still there...

K.

my last resort but wouldnt it do this thru the rpm range if the cam was bad

UPDATE!!!!! changed fuel pump nothing. looked at rockers they are moving even. then i put the ngk ur5's back in and took it out with 20 psi and now it is sputtering out exhaust while the boost gauge is fluttering and and shifts to 2nd and then third sputtering at the top of each gear but smooth after the shift till it reaches full boost and rpm no knock on the run. WHAT NEXT SHOULD I CHECK? I TELL YOU WHAT IT PULLS MADDDD WITH THE HEADS FROM KN PERFORMANCE!!!!! KHAI!!!!!! YOU ARE THE MAN.

Man i hate to say we're all over the place on this, coils, fuel pump, etc. atleast you've done your spring cleaning. lol.
anyway Quip If you look back at my post about the spitting out the exhaust (which i dont understand since you dont have adjustable rockers) My rocker arms were being changed after 1 broke so i had to go back put one 1 in and decided to change them all out on one side when i put them back on it wouldnt crank, it turned over but wouldnt crank, so i had something out of adjustment. kept tinkerin with the valves adjusting maybe the middle one (keep in mind i havent done it before) i got it close and then my car crunk but it had at idling sound like a fast spit / spuddering coming out the exhaust.
spit spit spit sound , you get the idea, went to the comp site took my time and adj. all ea. rockers per instruction and the car sound and idled beautifully and QUIET for roller rockers so that was my problem out of adjusted rockers, even though i havent done it before im now a pro. (scorpion) rocker adjuster on my roller rockers :) Now this was mine but like i say since you dont have adjustable i still wonder if they are related problems.

Man i hate to say we're all over the place on this, coils, fuel pump, etc. atleast you've done your spring cleaning. lol.
anyway Quip If you look back at my post about the spitting out the exhaust (which i dont understand since you dont have adjustable rockers) My rocker arms were being changed after 1 broke so i had to go back put one 1 in and decided to change them all out on one side when i put them back on it wouldnt crank, it turned over but wouldnt crank, so i had something out of adjustment. kept tinkerin with the valves adjusting maybe the middle one (keep in mind i havent done it before) i got it close and then my car crunk but it had at idling sound like a fast spit / spuddering coming out the exhaust.
spit spit spit sound , you get the idea, went to the comp site took my time and adj. all ea. rockers per instruction and the car sound and idled beautifully and QUIET for roller rockers so that was my problem out of adjusted rockers, even though i havent done it before im now a pro. (scorpion) rocker adjuster on my roller rockers :) Now this was mine but like i say since you dont have adjustable i still wonder if they are related problems.
ran good for a month then this started all of a sudden. but wo knows about the rockers. just tired of spending money

Since we're still shot gunning.
How about loose or leaky intercooler hoses?
new hoses with tbar clamps. now this is just a thought. my chip that i have is set up for a stock motor and a ta-49. now my new setup is te6031 and fully ported heads and intake. could not getting it reprogrammed be the problem. i didnt have an issue a month ago because i was running 15 psi and had my wot fuel at 10%. JUST A THOUGHT!!!!

ran good for a month then this started all of a sudden. but wo knows about the rockers. just tired of spending money

new hoses with tbar clamps. now this is just a thought. my chip that i have is set up for a stock motor and a ta-49. now my new setup is te6031 and fully ported heads and intake. could not getting it reprogrammed be the problem. i didnt have an issue a month ago because i was running 15 psi and had my wot fuel at 10%. JUST A THOUGHT!!!!

So it ran good for a month (on the TT ta49 chip) WITH the new combo? and the problem appeared out of nowhere?