Boost controller question...

87gnguy

I have this boost controller in my car

TurboLogic Performance (TM) Model TL-21 MBC : BoostController.com LLC - America's Source for High quality turbo boost controllers, silicone hose, and more performance products - 877-836-6155- precision boost control. Turbosmart Warehouse Distributor

It has worked perfectly for the past year and a half with my stock motor. I installed my new, built motor last weekend and hooked my boost controller back up. Since I'm trying to break this motor in and take it easy for a few hundred miles or so, I have set the boost controller at the lowest boost setting it has. As I'm driving and easing into the throttle it does what it's supposed to and opens the wastegate at about 10-15 pounds. However, if I stab the gas from a stop, the boost will shoot up to 20+ pounds. I have a few hundred miles on the motor so I believe this is ok once in while since there are no issues with it so far and my alky is on. I am worried though that when I start tuning the car and slowly increasing boost that this could cause my boost to go higher than I want it too. The way I have it connected is this: Line from nipple on the turbo I have going to the top nipple on the boost controller under the knob. The line coming straight out the bottom of the controller I have going to the wastegate. Can someone verify if this is right?

Boost Creep

I have this boost controller in my car

TurboLogic Performance (TM) Model TL-21 MBC : BoostController.com LLC - America's Source for High quality turbo boost controllers, silicone hose, and more performance products - 877-836-6155- precision boost control. Turbosmart Warehouse Distributor

It has worked perfectly for the past year and a half with my stock motor. I installed my new, built motor last weekend and hooked my boost controller back up. Since I'm trying to break this motor in and take it easy for a few hundred miles or so, I have set the boost controller at the lowest boost setting it has. As I'm driving and easing into the throttle it does what it's supposed to and opens the wastegate at about 10-15 pounds. However, if I stab the gas from a stop, the boost will shoot up to 20+ pounds. I have a few hundred miles on the motor so I believe this is ok once in while since there are no issues with it so far and my alky is on. I am worried though that when I start tuning the car and slowly increasing boost that this could cause my boost to go higher than I want it too. The way I have it connected is this: Line from nipple on the turbo I have going to the top nipple on the boost controller under the knob. The line coming straight out the bottom of the controller I have going to the wastegate. Can someone verify if this is right?

Sounds like you've got your MBC hooked up correctly.

Looks like you'll have to port match your wastegate opening to the puck on your THDP + blend or radius the inner edges on your exhaust housing leading to the wastegate hole.

These modifications will either eliminate or will greatly reduce what you're experiencing.