Boost Commander Question

BIGSIX

RICE its whats for dinner
I have the famous boost commander....

Last year I had this device install in my 86 Ttype (1 solnoid) worked great, when the unit was on, but when you turned it off, mystery boost ie... supposed to be control by the ECM. It definately was not. When I removed the boost commander in the ttype the factory boost never work again.... she is running tuner style.

Now the problem....
I installed the boost commander in my 87GN. Before the install I had perfect boost control....... I do mean perfect. 15psi all gears
After the install, even with the boost commander off. I have perfect in 1st and 2nd the boost fall to 12psi then backup to 15psi, 3rd falls to 13psi then makes it to 15psi by 80mph or so...
With the commander on, I can select what boost I run, which works correctly, but perfect in first ie 17psi, 2nd falls to 10psi then backup to 17 towards the end of second gear, 3rd gear boost is adjusted by the set2 setting and seems to work fine.

I do have the ability to run dual wastegate solnoids, but wont until I have my SMC kit install thus to save my car from knock...

I have heard if you have the acuator too tight it can cause a problem???? I'm willing to losen the rod as the car has mighty spool with the mods I have.....

Any suggestions????

Thanks

Travis

I would talk to ramchargers. I have a boostcommander, but I don't have any of the problems you have. My boost is rock solid with a THDP, high boost actuator, off road pipe and hooker exhaust.

From what I can understand here is that you are trying to go back and forth between BSTC and chip control which is not really advisable due to different actuator arm settings needed for each setup.

Just use the BSTC to control boost, forget about the chip and trigger it on low TPS. :)

BOOST COMMANDER

Thanks for the advice.....

Just wondering if anyone else had my problems.....

Travis

Re: BOOST COMMANDER

Originally posted by BIGSIX
Thanks for the advice.....

Just wondering if anyone else had my problems.....

Travis

Nope. Mine works great. Sorry I can't help.