?? Boone, NC ??

Phatman

Senior Irish Member
Anyone live in or near Boone, NC, that can give me some information about the area?

I am looking at some property there and would like some information before I make my trip...

:cool:

It's in the Mountains of NC. Lot's of snow in the winter. Skip Slopes close by. College town too. Appalachian State is there. Nice place overall

S.

Thanks for the response.
Sounds nice, I'll have to go give her a look. It's my understanding that there could be some issues with another owner in regard to access. Nothing ever seems to go smoothly. I hope the way the way the recording was made dosen't make it a problem. It's one of those old from the big stump to the forked tree to the stream deeds..

My wife's sister and husband built a house on Beech Mountain. All I have to say is the people there have an entirely different "class" than here in the city. It's a MUCH more pleasant environment. We love to visit any time of year and we dream of buying our own little place and maybe retiring there.

I owned property there for 7 or 8 years----whatcha wanna know????-i have alot of opinions on it.

Geoff

Originally posted by Phatman
Anyone live in or near Boone, NC, that can give me some information about the area?

I am looking at some property there and would like some information before I make my trip...

it's FREEKING COLD in the winter, :mad: they have NO straight roads up there, :mad: you can't get there from here,:mad: they don't allow jake brakes in the city limits,:mad: it's packed with damn yankees in the summer,:mad: I guess if your a old retiered person it's great.:D seriously if you are ever the type of person that is in a hurry, it's not the place to live, it's all steep mountian roads to get in except 421 off I77, try going up 10 miles of twisty mountian road behind me pulling a wide load up the mountian @ 15 mph:D , you will be cussing me like everyone else does. but if they look in my mirror all they see is:D , I may be slow but I'm ahead of you!!;)

Well, the property is already in the family. I haven't seen it in close to 40 years I'm guessing. I'm sure things must have changed a bit from what I can recall. I think to start with I'd like the name of a good place to stay.

I remember there where a lot of mountain roads. The thing I remember most is I met a girl that lived at the bottom of the property, man she was hot, what a summer....

Well, to make a long story short. I'm looking to find a place to hide from the rat race. The property had access across the property below " the hotties land ". The hotties dad passed away, and his wife sold the land to her nephew. Some years back
there was a fire which burnt down his barn. For what ever reason he decided to rebuild the barn on the access road, which cut off access to the property above his " mine ".

I had a family member stop in to see him and the property, which is not the same as being there yourself. I guess being unsure of who they were dealing with, the proper questions were not asked, like " how the hell am I going to get to my property ". I'm guessing being as the deed allows access across his land, he will no doubt figure out how I'll be getting across. One thing he did tell them on the visit was that there had been some terrible rains and flooding in years gone by. He told them that the property owned by my family had suffered some. Looks like several acres had actually slid down the mountain onto his property...:eek:

What do you guy's think, do people really get more gullible the further south we live? :confused:

Originally posted by Phatman

What do you guy's think, do people really get more gullible the further south we live? :confused:

Gullible isn't the correct word for most people around here. I could go on but I don't want to piss too many people off...:p Come on and check it out, though the more "Yankees" we get down here the more advanced the area becomes!!:eek:

K.

Yea,
I plan on making the drive up this summer when I can catch a break from work. Summer is always our busy time, most of the people we do work for go back north during the summer and expect all construction to be complete when they return. It sure makes getting away with the family tuff.

I just hope I get along with the neighbors, and they don't try to take advantage of a slow Florida cracker like me... :D