Body bushings

I e-mailed him to ask when they'd be back in stock. No reply after 3 days, I ordered a set from G-body in NC. They will be in the mailbox waiting for me when I get home.

Just out of curiosity, were they in your mailbox when you got home?

A question, that I’m quite sure that we all wanted to know, but, were just afraid to ask! Lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just replaced the body bushings with the summit brand. Reviews said softer than poly urethane but firmer than rubber. Did the GNX style brace, ordered from Kirban. Also got a set of front jounce bars and KYB shocks. Noticeable improvement. I have the HR engine mounts, so I definitely can feel a little more engine vibration, but well worth the trade off.

I'll have to grab my wife's phone to get a picture, I am currently without a cell. The drivers side went in no problem, the passenger side had to be modified to clear the Precision SLIC.

I'll have to grab my wife's phone to get a picture, I am currently without a cell. The drivers side went in no problem, the passenger side had to be modified to clear the Precision SLIC.

IMG_0549.JPG
IMG_0553.JPG
IMG_0554.JPG

Odd. I've got a Chinese G-body SLIC and the passenger bar fits but the DS side is nowhere close to working.

The Precision was a tight fit, had to open up the holes in the drives side bracket to get the scope to fit right. Then once I put in the new body bushings, the scope has a little better clearance.

Nice
Those braces are next on the list.

As far as paying to do this job:
It took me about 5 hours taking my time and a couple beers. I had to re align the hood and the drivers side fender.

Once it was back on the ground , the body rose roughly a half inch ... had to make a few adjustments to the coil overs then called it a day

I think it could be done faster but 2-5 hours labor plus $150 for the parts

Nice
As far as paying to do this job:
It took me about 5 hours taking my time and a couple beers. I had to re align the hood and the drivers side fender.

Once it was back on the ground , the body rose roughly a half inch ... had to make a few adjustments to the coil overs then called it a day

I think it could be done faster but 2-5 hours labor plus $150 for the parts

I really hope mine could be done that quickly...but that would be absolute best case scenario excluding any frame mount repairs that may be needed, bolts breaking off in any captured nuts, and any other road bumps along the way. I have a friend that will be doing mine as I know it won't be a straight forward job from what I can see without the body off the frame and we are both thinking with moderate headaches during the process like $1000.

Because of back issues, I won't be doing any heavy manual labor , or pretty much any labor, on my T. That's why I was asking about costs of replacing the bushings.

I ordered the Kirban 6-piece body bushing set, I think I can R & R those myself, it doesn't look too difficult. However, I'd like to eventually add the 2 GNX bushings as well, but I might leave that to a frame shop. Anybody have an idea how much labor that might cost?